lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-16-2019, 01:12 PM   #1
Shuga
Getting Wild

Default Replacement batteries for TroJan T-605

Hi guys my golf cart is in disrepair, I need all new batteries as it’s been sitting out side for the past 8 years. ( I’m sure it needs other things as well) but I need 6 new batteries. The batteries I currently have are Trojan T-605’s. Is there a good place to buy batteries that won’t break my wallet? Anyone know of cheaper batteries that I could replace my current 6 Volt T-605’s with? Will any 6 volt work? Thanks guys.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Shuga is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-16-2019, 01:31 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Replacement batteries for TroJan T-605

You already have the lowest capacity 6v Trojan. If you care about long overall lifespan, and/or longer range range per charge, avoid the cheaper lower capacity models (hint: the "cheaper" batteries aren't a better value in the long run when you do the math). All 36v carts came with a Trojan T-105 or equivalent when new, this is a higher model than the T-605. The T-105 class of battery should be your minimum goal. I don't have too much love for the "off-brands" either, I suggest you stick with Trojan, US battery, or Crown brands. What you currently have is the lowest model of the best brand. It's a pain in the wallet to fork over the dough, but I have seen the better batteries last twice as long as the "awesome deals" down at Costco. If you really wanna make sure you get ripped off, go get some "rebuilt" batteries off Craigslist.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:35 PM   #3
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I had 8 Trojan T-105's 6-V before I went to Lithium. I got 6 years out of them and frankly, I could have squeezed another year.....but with less travel time. Just take care of them....and they will take care of you.
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:46 PM   #4
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If the cart hasn’t run in that long you may want to figure out how to put 36 volts to it on jack stands to get a better idea where you stand before you drop 6-700 on batteries. If you have access to another 36 volt cart you can disconnect the jumpers between the batteries and then run a set of jumper cables to the working cart to the old one. If the working cart has a run Tow switch make sure to flip it to Tow first.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 06-16-2019, 01:58 PM   #5
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
If the cart hasn’t run in that long you may want to figure out how to put 36 volts to it on jack stands to get a better idea where you stand before you drop 6-700 on batteries. If you have access to another 36 volt cart you can disconnect the jumpers between the batteries and then run a set of jumper cables to the working cart to the old one. If the working cart has a run Tow switch make sure to flip it to Tow first.

I don’t have another cart unfortunately. I do have a blue jump pack though, one that can bring any car back to life. could I connect the jump pack to it, to see if it’ll move?

Old 06-16-2019, 02:00 PM   #6
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
You already have the lowest capacity 6v Trojan. If you care about long overall lifespan, and/or longer range range per charge, avoid the cheaper lower capacity models (hint: the "cheaper" batteries aren't a better value in the long run when you do the math). All 36v carts came with a Trojan T-105 or equivalent when new, this is a higher model than the T-605. The T-105 class of battery should be your minimum goal. I don't have too much love for the "off-brands" either, I suggest you stick with Trojan, US battery, or Crown brands. What you currently have is the lowest model of the best brand. It's a pain in the wallet to fork over the dough, but I have seen the better batteries last twice as long as the "awesome deals" down at Costco. If you really wanna make sure you get ripped off, go get some "rebuilt" batteries off Craigslist.

I know I have the lowest capacity Trojan batteries, but I hear they’re over all a better value. I’m not trying to get ripped off, but you have to remember this cart has sat for over 8 years, the goal is just to get it to move and to see if it’ll run. I don’t want to fork over $$$$ vs $$$ and for it to still not work.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:01 PM   #7
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by DaveTM View Post
I had 8 Trojan T-105's 6-V before I went to Lithium. I got 6 years out of them and frankly, I could have squeezed another year.....but with less travel time. Just take care of them....and they will take care of you.

I do plan on taking care of it, if it works lol. As of now I’m just trying to get it to run for the cheapest I can.

Old 06-16-2019, 02:02 PM   #8
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

12 volt pack won’t do it. 3 12v batteries will work so lawn mower, boat or something like that.
Old 06-16-2019, 02:04 PM   #9
Shuga
Getting Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
12 volt pack won’t do it. 3 12v batteries will work so lawn mower, boat or something like that.

If I wanted to try where are the terminals to do so?

Old 06-16-2019, 02:07 PM   #10
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

If it has batteries in it the positive for the pack is the positive of the front battery on the passenger side. Negative of the pack is the negative of the back battery on the passenger side. Leave the original cables on these posts but disconnect the others.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO