lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-01-2020, 03:26 PM   #1
wesdog
Not Yet Wild

Default 2010 TXT Suspension and Brake Overhaul

Hey guys I've got a 2010 TXT with 4 inch lift and such that I bought from a dealer who refurbishes and sells like new. I've had it 5 years and I've noticed its super srpingy when friends sit on back seat and towing my jet ski around the yard etx. I have also noticed when i drive at high speeds its got a slight vibration and pulls a little as well as breaks are load (I've blown out to no avail). So after new batteries this year I said why not update suspension instead of buying new one. I want to know what thoughts are on the updates I have in mind and if I should do anything extra.

Heres is what I want to do: Any parts recommendations would be great also.

New Shocks Front and Rear (Coil Overs or Regular?)
New Rear and Front Heavy Duty Leaf Springs
New brake pads (Do I need new drums or cables?)
New Steering Billet Wheel (New Column?)

Question is do I get new tie roads and steering assembly and steering shaft? Or just try and adjust toe in and camber like tutorials on here?

Thoughts on any additional stuff I should do to 10 year old cart for better driving/stopping/suspension?
wesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #2
Cobra,1
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2010 TXT Suspension and Brake Overhaul

With cart on ground,try to wiggle from tire while so,eons holding other side tire.
If you feel play, you need to look to find what part is worn.
No play or slop no need to start changing parts.
You can only adjust toe,not camber. Too much camber, tire leans in or out at top.
Most likely king pins are worn out.

With front wheel jack off ground, try to wiggle tire in and out, top to bottom.
Cobra,1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 08:15 AM   #3
wesdog
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2010 TXT Suspension and Brake Overhaul

Thanks alot I will try that today. I did need rear springs and shocks/bushings so i switched those out. Front springs are gonna need replacing too since it rides higher in back now and the front has alot of bounce still.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_5711.jpg (249.6 KB, 0 views)
wesdog is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO