lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-07-2020, 03:50 PM   #1
vzdude
Gone Wild

Default Controller info please

I've got a Curtis controller. Would like to know what amperage it is rated at. Google search coming up with too many answers to have any faith. Lol
Any help would be greatly appreciated! Looking to upgrade to an EMP 2 speed motor and debating on upgrading the controller / solenoid now or later.

Curtis PN 25864G05
Serial number 2018-P123426
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-07-2020, 04:10 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Controller info please

25864G05 is a Curtis 1206 36V series drive controller with a 275A throughput.

To get the optimal performance out of an EMP 2-speed, install an Alltrax SR48400, or larger, controller and a 200A continuous, or larger, solenoid and up the battery pack to 48v.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:37 PM   #3
vzdude
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
25864G05 is a Curtis 1206 36V series drive controller with a 275A throughput.

To get the optimal performance out of an EMP 2-speed, install an Alltrax SR48400, or larger, controller and a 200A continuous, or larger, solenoid and up the battery pack to 48v.
Thanks for the input! The previous owner had just purchased new batteries, so I would really like to utilize those until they need replaced. I just ordered a 6" lift and 23" wheels/tires, so with that being said, would that Alltrax controller/ solenoid combo work with the 36V batteries until I upgrade to 48V at a later date? Trying to stay within a reasonable budget ( that the wife already thinks is too high! ), after the lift, tires, and motor, I'd like to run it awhile. I appreciate your thoughts.
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-07-2020, 04:48 PM   #4
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

The SR controller will work at 36V now and 48V later. The only solenoid I know of that will work at 36V and 48V is the MZJ400 that I'm using (Got it from Carts Unlimited), but there may be others on the market now, I did my step by step upgrades years ago.

You'll also need a 48V charger when you go to a 48V pack.

----------------
If the batteries are less than about 6 months old, you can add two more 6V batteries (in the bagwell) to make a 48V pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-17-2020, 08:53 AM   #5
Lwgreg
Not Yet Wild

vzdude, did you replace your stock controller? Do you still have the original controller and if so would you sell it?
Lwgreg is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO