lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-11-2020, 01:16 PM   #1
Pogo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default won't move in reverse, but runs great in forward

Our '95 Medalist, (36 volt), runs great in forward, but now it won't move when in Reverse. I hear the reverse alarm, but that's it.
About 10 days ago, I cleaned off all of the battery terminals and the other heavier wires and made sure that I got them reconnected nice and tight. Before I started that, I measured 38.4 volts when not under any load. Now, I have 47 volts, with no load.
The cart ran great, both directions, until yesterday.
Is there a switch that may have gotten out of adjustment or failed or ? I can hear a click when putting the lever in and out of forward. But, I only hear a click when putting it in reverse, but not when moving the lever out of reverse.
Thanks in advance.
Jim
Pogo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-11-2020, 05:41 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: won't move in reverse, but runs great in forward

Do you know what the forward/reverse mechanism looks like? Not the lever You move, but the actual mechanism? It has four cables going to it. It’s probably worn. There’s copper studs in that mechanism that have to make good contact when it rotates from f, n and r. You can swap the cables at 3 and 9 o’clock and see if it then goes in the other direction.
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO