lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-15-2020, 09:28 AM   #1
VisionCasting
Not Yet Wild

Default 2017 EzGo RXV: Upgrading basic to street legal HELP

Greetings. Super newbie to carting here, and seeking a little advice to see if I can DIY this upgrade.

SITREP: I have a '17 RXV (second gen?) that's new to me. Prio owner put a "Basic" light kit on it Part # OKBLK2004L. Works great, but doesn't have functional brake lights, turn signal or horn. All of which I need to make it "street legal" in GA.

Any advice on the easiest path to upgrading this kit to street legal? Preferably a plug-and-play option? Do I need to change the harness and add the required bits? Or completely strip out the old and put in the new? Lastly, advice on what kit to buy, and from where, would be super helpful.

TIA!
VisionCasting is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-15-2020, 02:32 PM   #2
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2017 EzGo RXV: Upgrading basic to street legal HELP

I installed a light kit that has blinkers and brake lights. Im not a very good mechanic but it was pretty easy. Seat belts are easy to install and then you need an orange triangle and flashing light on top I do believe and insurance.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-15-2020, 04:05 PM   #3
Mbop
Getting Wild

Star

Depending on the county you live in you may be required to produce a VIN number. I just went through this same process in Georgia and ultimately had to sell my TXT for a cart with a VIN. Unfortunately I found all this out after installing all the necessary equipment. Verify with your tag office and don’t be surprised if they are of little help. Counties that don’t promote utilization of LSV’s and the like just don’t see it enough to provide any meaningful assistance.

After confirming with your county have a read over your city ordinances to ensure they don’t specifically prohibit it.

You may need an amber light permit like I did.
https://dps.georgia.gov/document/pub...nspdf/download

Get on the LexisNexis system and you can read more about required equipment and road rules.

In general the equipment required:brake lights, tail lights, headlights, turn signal, DOT windshield, horn, speed between 20-25, parking brake, reflex reflectors, mirrors, and a reverse warning tone.

https://dps.georgia.gov/georgia-code-low-speed-vehicles
https://www.law.cornell.edu/cfr/text/49/571.500

They may or may not want to inspect the cart. Mine didn’t get inspected. It’s worth it once it’s all done. Hopefully you live in a county that has a clear process for registration and will allow a S/N in lieu of a VIN.
Mbop is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-16-2020, 02:18 PM   #4
PingEye3
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by VisionCasting View Post
Greetings. Super newbie to carting here, and seeking a little advice to see if I can DIY this upgrade.

SITREP: I have a '17 RXV (second gen?) that's new to me. Prio owner put a "Basic" light kit on it Part # OKBLK2004L. Works great, but doesn't have functional brake lights, turn signal or horn. All of which I need to make it "street legal" in GA.

Any advice on the easiest path to upgrading this kit to street legal? Preferably a plug-and-play option? Do I need to change the harness and add the required bits? Or completely strip out the old and put in the new? Lastly, advice on what kit to buy, and from where, would be super helpful.

TIA!
You need Bob Boyce to reprogram your controller for more speed. He is on a Florida trip right now and may be able to get to you later this week on his way back to TN. PM usgicollector and he can get you in touch with Bob to hopefully make it happen.

Here is a link to his current trip.
https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...=usgicollector
PingEye3 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO