lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 10:38 AM   #1
Chriscaves11rxv
Not Yet Wild

Default Alltrax 500 speed with stock motor

Hey guys! New to this forum site. It’s awesome.

I have a 2016 ezgo rxv 48v with 6” lift and 23 x 10-14 tires and rims setup in freedom mode. I recently at a local shop had it put into freedom mode. I’m running about 25-27 mph on flat ground. I noticed once in freedom mode the gas pedal doesn’t work as smoothly, and I want to get to 30 mph plus. The same local shop suggested an Alltrax 500 controller swap for better pedal reaction and 35 mph. Anyone have any suggestions? Or have a similar setup to confirm that?
Chriscaves11rxv is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 11:02 AM   #2
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Alltrax 500 speed with stock motor

If your local shop suggested putting an Alltrax in an RXV you should really find another shop. RXV uses an AC drive system and Alltrax doesn’t make one of those. The stock RXV controller can be tuned but those tires are going to burn it up. A 350 amp Curtis would be helpful but would definitely have to be custom tuned.
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2020, 11:06 AM   #3
ooxtreme
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Alltrax 500 speed with stock motor

Ya thats a AC system kgsc is 1000% correct! Now as for speed i have a 16 txt (DC Motor) with the 500a alltrax from ScottyB. I get up to speeds of 24ish with 23" tires and tons of torque. Id rethink the shop if I were you.
ooxtreme is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO