lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2020, 05:47 PM   #1
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default 2008 -48v conversion - SR48500 and sw202 install

Started a 2008 EZGO series cart conversion this am. its my mother in laws and has been in need of some extra speed for a while now. I already Had a good set of 48v batteries out of my club car to use. Swapped out all cables to 2g and installed new 500a alltrax controller, MZJ400 solenoid and a SW202 reversing contactor with F&R rocker switch. Installed the 48v batteries and on board charger.

Made a couple brackets to mount the solenoid to the controller and the SW202 to the floorboard

trying to get everything finalized,and think I wired everything correctly but have a few questions.

What is the correct throttle setting for this cart? it is set to 0-5k 2 wire, DO I need the ITS Setting?

Not getting any power at controller

I have a small blue wire that isn't connected to anything - it is in same harness with a green wire that comes from the front of the cart, i believe it was hooked up to old F&R switch

is there anything i need to do in order to bypass old charger setup?

I wired my F&R rocker with these instruction i found from sergio.

Cut the Red wire from the Foot Switch to the Solenoid (Leave the wire from Solenoid to Controller in place).

The red wire on the foot switch side would go to both centers of the FNR switch.

One set of outside terminals would provide positive power to either the FWD contactor coil or the REV contactor coil.

The other set of outside terminals would be connected together with the red wire that goes to Solenoid coil/Controller KSI.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D3C433C1-A50A-42C1-BEC5-B96B5AC1AEB8.jpg (182.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg D3997A87-8A25-4E74-B26D-1F4D91549B22.jpg (146.6 KB, 0 views)
jeffro22 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2020, 06:44 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: 2008 -48v conversion - SR48500 and sw202 install

ITS is the correct throttle setting in the controller for the existing ITS throttle on the cart (that's what the cart already has). About the other part, sorry, my diagram for the sw202 install is at work, and I'm not.

Also, put that plug back in the usb port when not in use, it is about the only Achilles heel on that controller & is susceptible to accidental damage (that can totally ruin the controller).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 08:12 AM   #3
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Not sure I have key switch power wires correctly and not sure if I need to do anything to bypass charger lockout (reed switch)?

I am using a new onboard charger hooked directly to the batteries and will be using an extension cord plugged directly to new charger. the charge port will not be used

Here are a couple pics of switch wiring and sw202 hookups

Not sure where to connect small blue wire coming from front of cart . (Shared harness with green wire)
Old 05-20-2020, 09:27 AM   #4
handtools
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That blue wire was on MS2 on the F/R switch going to the key switch, it needs to be connected to B+. The other wire that was on MS2 was a red wire from the reed switch so if that is still intact you could just connect the 2 wires together.
handtools is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2020, 12:04 PM   #5
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by handtools View Post
That blue wire was on MS2 on the F/R switch going to the key switch, it needs to be connected to B+. The other wire that was on MS2 was a red wire from the reed switch so if that is still intact you could just connect the 2 wires together.
Ok thanks, SO connect blue wire that was on MS2 to b+ (where do I attached to b+, the big post of solenoid, or directly to the battery pack?)

Not sure about red wire from the charge receptacle for reed switch, or if I even have to do anything with it since i am not using that charge receptacle.

, trying to look at the pictures i took before i started pulling everything apart

also, have an orange wire connect to the blue connection to controller, but not connected to anything on other end
Old 05-21-2020, 08:14 AM   #6
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

so I have blue wire connected to large B+ terminal on solenoid. good news is i Have power now and cart moves, but is extremely touchy/jerky. Like spinning tires jerky and not picking up first movement of pedal

for now i have the orange wire that isn't connected to anything (i know this is the reverse limit speed, but saw were everything should still be operational without it hooked up)

I hooked up laptop to alltrax and have following settings Do I have something programmed incorrectly with alltrax or is something else wrong?

I now have throttle set to ITS EZGO, but this controller was setup originally for a different cart. Are there other settings i need to adjust also?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg DCD10453-423E-4766-961A-933DB8CEAFB7.jpg (139.9 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg 44771697-9651-4F8A-9A1D-EFC36A3EB760.jpg (104.3 KB, 0 views)
Old 05-21-2020, 09:07 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Move the Throttle Rate slider down to about 10% and try it.

Adjust higher or lower to get the off the line start to your liking.

As for the not picking up first pedal movement, the plunger that goes into the ITS sensor in the pedal box may need adjusting. See attached - Note: the voltages are wrong on the second page. For an Alltrax SR controller, they should be 10V and 6V respectively.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg ITS adj 1 of 2.JPG (63.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg ITS adj 2 of 2.JPG (52.6 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 10:31 AM   #8
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

thanks! Will make adjustments when I get back to the house

So key switch voltage should be 10V and under voltage 6v
Old 05-21-2020, 11:09 AM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeffro22 View Post
thanks! Will make adjustments when I get back to the house

So key switch voltage should be 10V and under voltage 6v
No, the ITS voltage should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and decrease to 6V when pedal is on floor. (ITS voltage is measured between the black and white wires.)

The KSI voltage ought to be about 16V or so, the Under Voltage ought to be about 1.5VPC (Volts per Cell), which works out to about 36V, but I've heard that 32V is often used. Over Voltage all the way to the top (62V).
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-21-2020, 02:58 PM   #10
jeffro22
Gone Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
No, the ITS voltage should be 10V when pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and decrease to 6V when pedal is on floor. (ITS voltage is measured between the black and white wires.)

The KSI voltage ought to be about 16V or so, the Under Voltage ought to be about 1.5VPC (Volts per Cell), which works out to about 36V, but I've heard that 32V is often used. Over Voltage all the way to the top (62V).
Good deal. Cant than you enough . That setting adjustment in the alltrax made a huge improvement Cart is running like it should other than a few minor tweaks. I would have thought it would have been a little faster but definitely an improvement from where it was.

SO i still need to figure out reverse speed. I have the orange wire that is connected to controller but isnt connected anywhere else. I am guessing I need to simply hook it up to the activation wire on the SW202 for the reverse
signal??

Also, I hooked up a voltage reducer, but it isnt activated by switch or anything. It is connected directly to battery pack. I am worried that essentially it is "hot" all the time and burn out. Is this ok or do I need to add a switch to it, or wire it to the keyswitch?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO