lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-23-2020, 01:51 PM   #1
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Default Can I Utilize Reverse Power?

Hey Guys
I got a 36V 2000 EZGO TXT PDS w/Alltrax 500 amp controller. Playing around with the controller program, when I put max reverse motor speed at 100%, I get 500 more rpms than what I have in forward at 100%. Is there a way to flip it (R to F and F to R) that will result in me getting that extra 500 in forward instead of reverse? That 500 rpm is just sitting there taunting me. It may be a silly question idk. Thought I'd try. I'm new to electric motors.

I'll eventually replace the motor, but I'm trying to milk the one I got until I upgrade the battery pack. Thanks.
DanGoneWild is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-23-2020, 02:38 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Can I Utilize Reverse Power?

Quote:
Originally Posted by DanGoneWild View Post
Hey Guys
I got a 36V 2000 EZGO TXT PDS w/Alltrax 500 amp controller. Playing around with the controller program, when I put max reverse motor speed at 100%, I get 5000 more rpms than what I have in forward at 100%. Is there a way to flip it (R to F and F to R) that will result in me getting that extra 5000 in forward instead of reverse? That 5000 rpm is just sitting there taunting me. It may be a silly question idk. Thought I'd try. I'm new to electric motors.

I'll eventually replace the motor, but I'm trying to milk the one I got until I upgrade the battery pack. Thanks.
Swapping the F1 and F2 cables at the controller will change the cart's direction to Forward when Reverse is selected.

You can get the F/R rocker switch to agree with cart direction by swapping the top and bottom wires.

However, I question the 5000RPM difference between F and R since a stock PDS motor will only spin at 5600RPM when powered by a 36V battery pack.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 02:56 PM   #3
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by JohnnieB View Post
Swapping the F1 and F2 cables at the controller will change the cart's direction to Forward when Reverse is selected.

You can get the F/R rocker switch to agree with cart direction by swapping the top and bottom wires.

However, I question the 5000RPM difference between F and R since a stock PDS motor will only spin at 5600RPM when powered by a 36V battery pack.
Thanks JohnnieB! Sounds good. And you are right to question the 5000RPM. I wish! Meant to say 500RPM. Brain fart. I'll edit.
Old 05-23-2020, 03:10 PM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I suspect the "missing 500 rpm" has more to do with brush timing, than it does the controller. If you swap the wires to test it out, and find that reverse still has the extra 500rpm, this is the explanation.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-23-2020, 06:30 PM   #5
DanGoneWild
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
I suspect the "missing 500 rpm" has more to do with brush timing, than it does the controller. If you swap the wires to test it out, and find that reverse still has the extra 500rpm, this is the explanation.
Thanks cgtech. I kinda suspect that to be the case given the age of the motor. Dont know what correcting the brush timing would involve, but really dont want to put money in this motor.
Old 05-23-2020, 07:05 PM   #6
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It would involve changing the relationship between the motors aluminum cap & the stator section where the field windings are. This could be difficult to do accurately by the home-gamer.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO