lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-24-2020, 01:52 PM   #1
vzdude
Gone Wild

Default Lester charger questions

Ok....got a new Lester Summit II 1050W charger. Rebuilt my cart to 48V ( see my signature for the build thread). Now....6 of the 8 batteries were slightly used. Basically drove the cart around the block a couple times before upgrade. The other 2 were new with the same date code as the used ones. Anyhow, I never charged the batteries after the build, as I was obviously excited to drive the thing! Batteries started at 50.5V. Drove a few miles around town last night at varying speeds to break in the new motor. Voltage was down to about 47.8V upon return. Hooked up my new charger last night and it said 6 hours to full charge! ? ! ? Does that sound right after only a couple miles? Now.....at some point, the 110V breaker tripped during the night. ( figured out it was on the same circuit as my water heater in the garage ). Moved plug in to different outlet, and now it says 9 hours to full charge. Am I expecting too much? Or is this about normal? I did configure it for my Crown 205ah 6V batteries, according to the app, as well. Appreciate any input.
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-24-2020, 02:17 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Lester charger questions

47.8v is below 50% charged, so yes 6-9 hours sounds totally reasonable.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 02:18 PM   #3
vzdude
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
47.8v is below 50% charged, so yes 6-9 hours sounds totally reasonable.
Thanks! Good to know! I was questioning the additional 3 hours this morning, compared to last night. I noticed when I went to unplug the charger, the light was still on, even though the outlet didn't have any power. Guessing that the charger was actually a draw on the batteries, with no 110V, would be the reason for the additional time today, compared to last night.
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-24-2020, 08:40 PM   #4
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

I had an old man question me about that same thing the other day. You have to understand the different current rates (amps) going out, versus going in. You're drawing anywhere from 0-250 or more amps while driving, and you're charging anywhere from 0-25 amps with that charger. So can you see where charge times and drive times shouldn't equal? Picture a swimming pool being pumped out with a fire truck and being refilled with a garden hose as an analogy.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO