lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2020, 11:58 PM   #1
SHoyer
Not Yet Wild

Question 2000 TXT 36V Series - Confirm ID and Elect Question

Hello all!

I have what I believe to be a 2000 TXT 36V Series cart. My concern with identifying it as such is that it has a separate shifter/selector under the drivers left leg that is identified as "Speed/Torque". I have not been able to find any information on this style cart. The ID Tag is in the passenger compartment and has a Model Code of L300 and Serial Number 1329197. I tried to confirm the number on EZGO site but get spinning circles. Any help in confirming would be appreciated.

Secondly, I am currently trying to diagnose a "no go" problem. I purchased the cart used about 7 years ago. It has an Alltrax AXE controller and new batteries. I also just had to replace the F/R switch (last month or so) and went with a heavy duty version. Cart was running great but it seems the F/R switch was getting harder and harder to move. I can see the bracket flex when shifting positions. I have been using some of the trouble shooting tips to try and narrow down the culprit. I thought I had it pinned down to a bad ITS, but just replaced the microswitch and ITS tonight without any luck. I noticed though that the "speed/torque" selector also has a contact plate similar to the F/R switch, but I haven't found a good diagram or any information on this.

Would anyone have any information or diagrams with this "speed/torque" selector? Also, any suggestions on "loosening" up the F/R switch? I'm scared to even try to adjust the center nut after reading so many problems with these.

Any and all help is appreciated. Thanks for such a great resource of information!!!
SHoyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 06:52 PM   #2
SHoyer
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 2000 TXT 36V Series - Confirm ID and Elect Question

Update: I solved the electrical issue. I read several more posts and followed some advice given by scottyb in a separate thread and took the new F/R switch out. Took it apart and low and behold one of the studs was sunk down farther than the others and had started to melt the plastic around it. So I cleaned it up, grabbed a stud from my old switch, and put it back together. Only this time after I aligned the depth of the studs by eye, I followed up with ohm readings. Glad I did as one of the other studs was reading very high. Adjusted tension by loosening it a touch until I got equivalent readings on all four studs that were in range (0.4 ohms). Put every the back together and smooth riding again.

I have not come up with any info on the torque/speed selector. I’ll post some pictures of it in a new thread to see if I have any luck.

Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge already posted here!!!
Old 05-28-2020, 08:08 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by SHoyer View Post
Update: I solved the electrical issue. I read several more posts and followed some advice given by scottyb in a separate thread and took the new F/R switch out. Took it apart and low and behold one of the studs was sunk down farther than the others and had started to melt the plastic around it. So I cleaned it up, grabbed a stud from my old switch, and put it back together. Only this time after I aligned the depth of the studs by eye, I followed up with ohm readings. Glad I did as one of the other studs was reading very high. Adjusted tension by loosening it a touch until I got equivalent readings on all four studs that were in range (0.4 ohms). Put every the back together and smooth riding again.

I have not come up with any info on the torque/speed selector. I’ll post some pictures of it in a new thread to see if I have any luck.

Thanks again for the wealth of knowledge already posted here!!!
That didn't come from the factory. Likely it is a motor and kit sold by EMP. Does it say EMP anywhere on the motor? The idea was to apply field weakening (I'm guessing) to a series motor so when speed was selected the cart would reach higher top speed. Something similar to how sepex carts work.
EMP is a reputable company and that kit was a nice setup on the old series carts. If it is all still intact you might enjoy it.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:42 PM   #4
SHoyer
Not Yet Wild

It does! I would have never guessed anything near that!!! Here is a picture of the shifter, the contactor on the inside, and the data plate from the motor. Thank you for your help! It is greatly appreciated! Even though it’s not causing me any issues, I’m going to start the research so I can become familiar with the workings of it. And you are also correct, it is a nice feature to have. It does make a difference.
Old 05-29-2020, 06:37 AM   #5
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

google empinc.biz/motors. to read about it.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO