lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-27-2020, 05:22 PM   #1
Shade tree is me
Not Yet Wild

Default 36 volt series hot cables

Hello to all, i have a 36 volt txt series cart. New motor and batteries are 2 years old and its lifted. I am having trouble with the top cable on the back of the F&R getting extremely hot and you can even smell it. How do i fix this issue or can it be fixed??????
Shade tree is me is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-27-2020, 06:58 PM   #2
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36 volt series hot cables

Is the f/r getting hot too? Any other cables? What size tires are on the cart? What guage cables?
orangeman6 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 09:51 AM   #3
Shade tree is me
Not Yet Wild

cart has 22" tires and stock 6ga wires. Other wires get warm, but not like this one. cart runs ok, but when it has any resistance it starts to heat the cables.
Old 05-28-2020, 11:56 AM   #4
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I’d check the f/r to make sure the contacts are in good shape and making good contact. Inspect that cable too. Make sure there’s no corrosion and it’s tightened to the correct spec. Heat is a sign of resistance.

You need to upgrade your cables to quality 4 guage or 2 would be better. If the motor is the only upgrade, that cart is being pushed hard turning 22” tires with 36v and a stock controller.
Old 05-28-2020, 12:17 PM   #5
Shade tree is me
Not Yet Wild

it is a stock replacement motor. Also i replaced the one cable getting hot and still have the same issue. F&R lugs are tight and look fine other than heat on the top post. I am thinking this car being series has to much of a load on it.
Old 05-28-2020, 03:25 PM   #6
orangeman6
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I think you’re right, but any stock 36v cart is going to struggle with 22” tires. I still don’t think one cable should be getting that much hotter than the others. The current has to flow through all of them. Id guess you have an issue in that cable itself, the connection, or at the f/r.
Not sure what your long term plans are, or if you’re looking to put any money into it, but I’d start with at least upgrading the cables.
Old 05-29-2020, 09:54 AM   #7
Shade tree is me
Not Yet Wild

ok i will pull the F&R out and replace that one lug and see if that helps any. You are thinking that 4 ga wire would help this issue or no?????
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO