lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-28-2020, 07:35 PM   #1
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Ezgo SC-48 charger Repair, used or new???

my charger is defective. When plugged in will flash 2 red. Other charger at a shop works on the cart but my charger wont work on any carts. So, is there any refurbishment places? If so cost?
Or anyone have 1 for sale?
Fellpuppet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-28-2020, 07:49 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: Ezgo SC-48 charger Repair, used or new???

Throw that pile in the dumpster. It was a charger built by Delta-q, but to "Ezgo specs" (that means "pinching pennies"). Just get a better charger.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 08:50 PM   #3
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

IMO all Delta-Q is garbage. Just had a QuiQ do the 'six flashes of red death' this week. The charger end was bad and I replaced the cord. Not a hard thing to do but apparently that's all it took to kill it.

Good news is I did manage to fix two dead QEs in the mountain of dead ones (which is now spilling into the floor). One had the cord yanked out of it and the connectors were pulled off the board, the second had a rather large coil that the mounting plastic failed and the coil had intermittently shorted against the case causing the 'clickety click with green flashing light' issue. So there's that.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-28-2020, 10:18 PM   #4
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Throw that pile in the dumpster. It was a charger built by Delta-q, but to "Ezgo specs" (that means "pinching pennies"). Just get a better charger.
What do you recommend to get?
Old 05-28-2020, 10:19 PM   #5
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
IMO all Delta-Q is garbage. Just had a QuiQ do the 'six flashes of red death' this week. The charger end was bad and I replaced the cord. Not a hard thing to do but apparently that's all it took to kill it.

Good news is I did manage to fix two dead QEs in the mountain of dead ones (which is now spilling into the floor). One had the cord yanked out of it and the connectors were pulled off the board, the second had a rather large coil that the mounting plastic failed and the coil had intermittently shorted against the case causing the 'clickety click with green flashing light' issue. So there's that.
What do you recommend to huy?
Old 05-29-2020, 05:47 AM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

DPI, Eagle Performance Series from Pro Charging Systems, the like. Those are USA made, and can maintain charge over winter, unlike a QE, SC-48, or QUiQ
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-29-2020, 09:38 AM   #7
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by nickdalzell1 View Post
DPI, Eagle Performance Series from Pro Charging Systems, the like. Those are USA made, and can maintain charge over winter, unlike a QE, SC-48, or QUiQ
Could you link some places of what charger you are using? I just want something to be what the cart needs for my new 1275 batteries thx
Old 05-29-2020, 10:24 AM   #8
Fellpuppet
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Whats everyone's opinions on
EZGO RXV/TXT 48 Volt Lester Summit Series II Battery Charger
Old 05-29-2020, 06:02 PM   #9
vzdude
Gone Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fellpuppet View Post
Whats everyone's opinions on
EZGO RXV/TXT 48 Volt Lester Summit Series II Battery Charger
I got the 1050W Lester Summit II from Scottyb. Very pleased with it so far ( only a couple weeks ). I like the Bluetooth to get an idea of what's going on, how much longer till full charge etc. I had originally planned on mounting it on the cart, but it is larger than I anticipated, and after using it the top gets pretty warm. Worth the extra money, made in the USA, and from what I have read, will help the batteries last longer due to a better charge and balancing the batteries.
vzdude is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO