lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-30-2020, 02:17 PM   #1
dandersen55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default I want to switch to solid state please help

hi i posted befor looking for help on my ezgo marathon i believe 1984 that has resistor style its slow as molasses and now after playing around i lost reverese..... and i like new tech so i believe doing a conversion is best for me.... curious on how many people have done this and if there is a list of parts to complete... i see scottyb? has the conversion kits but all sold out for ezgo.. looking to get this thing up and running as soon as i can befor the wife makes me get rid of a non moving cart... ha ha thanks for any help i used to be auto mechanic so the work it self is fine im just new to carts and 36v systems... thanks
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200529_175023.jpg (178.9 KB, 0 views)

Last edited by dandersen55; 05-30-2020 at 04:58 PM.. Reason: Fixed spelling
dandersen55 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-02-2020, 09:36 PM   #2
Denntt
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: i want to convert to solid state? i think

Hey there, I am currently going through a complete update/upgrade of a ~1986 EZGO resistor style cart, and hopefully nearing completion to a running cart. I took mine from 36V to 48V and have nearly all of the details of my upgrade. I have not compiled them, other than a receipt book and photo album on my phone, but I can certainly provide details from my experience. There are many others on this forum that have far more experience and aptitude than I, but I can share my experience. Let me know what questions you have.
Denntt is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:09 PM   #3
dandersen55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

were you lucky with your 1986 and did you have a normal 19 spline motor or do you have the odd ball one with the threaded motor? found out mine isn't and 84 but a 1986.5-1987 not sure exactly considering i have the oddball one...wanted to upgrade everything and the motor i started by buying the conversion to solid state which comes next week and started tearing down everything so i was ready for install only than did i find out i have an oddball cart..... not sure what i wanna do now since they dont make upgrade motor... guess ill just rebuild and clean up...
Old 06-04-2020, 09:26 PM   #4
fsu1tm
Gone Wild

Club Car

If the motor is good keep it. Upgrading to solid state and 48V will make that baby pop. I've got two older Club Cars that I've done this too and am getting 23 MPH on one of them. Just finishing up the other so not sure how fast it'll do yet.
fsu1tm is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-04-2020, 09:32 PM   #5
dandersen55
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Thanks I think I'll have it rebuilt... Well I have to now one of the terminals on motor was siezed and snapped off... So I guess rebuilding will be the best option
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO