lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-03-2020, 08:58 AM   #11
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: RXV Controller issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by molfpedal View Post
I noticed that the braking with the Navitas is much stronger than the Danaher and seemed to kick in quicker also.
So, is there timing involved in the program in relation to braking in the Curtis controller?
The Danaher is a "semi-dumb" controller in that regard, with a minimum of programming for adjustability. The modern Curtis controllers are based upon a "Fly By Wire" controller system that I initially developed for the Stealth Aircraft Program. I modified that design into a simpler "Drive By Wire" controller for electric and fueled vehicles. It was patented, and is now in use globally. It is totally configurable for its end use via software. Despite the amount of adjustability that Navitas has given to the end user, not everything is configured to be adjustable by the end user. It is not a licensed product, therefore I had no input in its development. With the Curtis controlled RXV, nearly every aspect of driver operation is tunable to the drivers expectation of drive feel. With the latest E-Z-GO VCL (Vehicle Control Language) versions, Curtis has reduced this adjustability, following the Club Car example. This is beginning to impact the ability to adjust driver feel. I believe they are making a big mistake in doing this, as it is reducing their attractiveness to personal golf cart/LSV buyers.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-03-2020, 12:30 PM   #12
johnabell67
Not Yet Wild

have no issues with my leaf pack and factory tuned bob controller **** scoots
johnabell67 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-03-2020, 01:40 PM   #13
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I’m not yet sure that was the issue. It may have been a bad circuit anyway. When I get the new one in I will be testing thoroughly and taking notes. If it is the Regen causing the problem I will try to figure a solution and work with the Navitas people to do so.
I will be keeping you informed.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2020, 01:51 PM   #14
molfpedal
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

I have installed the replacement controller in my cart and made these adjustments:

1) I reduced the maximum charge voltage from 57.6V to 56.8V.

2) Raised HV shutdown from 4.15v To 4.17v.

3) Setting Regen to Navitas recommended setting.

4) Limiting maximum speed to 27mph.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
molfpedal is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO