lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-05-2020, 12:35 PM   #1
Mebilly75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 2009 BBB 4x4 TxT

I Have a 09 Bad boy buggy 4x4. 8 6v batteries, 48V system with 2 Sevcon Millipak controllers and 2 solenoids. All batteries have been load checked and the Pak reads 48v at Charger and also read between Solenoids and controllers (positive on solenoid and negative on the controller).
Front motor controller has the 4 flash error code, I have followed many instructions (mostly from this site, the best instructions came from this site) to fix whatever caused the 4 flash code to no avail. I have the front motor disconnected to see if I had a short in the cabling. No change.
I have the buggy on blocks, the back motor/tires spin in forward or reverse and the voltage is 48v everywhere. The front motor/tires do not spin at all and does not seem to try. The voltage at the front controller to motor is 10v. So that seems to be my problem but I do not know what would cause this low voltage. I bought new and swapped the solenoids, but that did not fix the issue. I know its possible to buy a bad part so I swapped it out with what I believe to be a good old 1 with no luck.
Any help is appreciated!!
Mebilly75 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 02-03-2021, 03:13 PM   #2
Mebilly75
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: 2009 BBB 4x4 XT LSV

So I ended up swapping the front controller with the rear and found that the rear controller would not spin the front motor but the front controller would spin the back motor. My conclusion is that the front motor is bad. I pulled the front motor and it looks burnt. Also, seems like both my bearings are in really rough shape and may be the reason my motor burned up. So I am going to change every bearing and ball joint ect as soon as I can find a place to buy parts for this machine! lol. I will have way too much money invested to ever sell it so I might as well make as new as possible so it will last a long time!
Mebilly75 is offline   Reply With Quote

Tags
bad boy buggy, bbb
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO