lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-14-2020, 08:39 AM   #1
djcvet
Not Yet Wild

Default Question on charging the batteries on my 1996 EZGO 36 volt cart.

I am new to the electric cart world. I purchased a used 36 volt EZGO cart and installed all new Rolls batteries. At what voltage level do I need to charge the batteries? Also, a PowerWise charger came with it. The only thing wrong with the charger according to the previous owner is that it does not shutoff after a full charge has occurred. Also, I noticed that with fully charged batteries when I plugged the charger in the needle went up to about 15 amps but after awhile it never came down. I would have thought that the amperage would have decreased with fully charged batteries. Any ideas?
djcvet is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-14-2020, 03:55 PM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Question on charging the batteries on my 1996 EZGO 36 volt cart.

since you are new to electric carts....first question I will ask, does your cart have a digital voltage gage? (it would be an add on/aftermarket). If not....you should get one as its the most accurate method of knowing the battery pack state of charge.

As far as charging your pack, never allow it to get below 36v, fully charged your pack will be at 38.3v. always keep it charged.....even if you go for a short ride....plug it back in and charge them back up.

as for your charger....it is not working properly, you should either get it fixed or buy yourself a new one....some of the chargers on the market, after they are done charging, they go into float mode to keep them topped off all the time.

you can look into one here at cartsunlimited.net
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO