lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-19-2020, 08:18 AM   #1
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Need help locating 2Five Delta Q connector

My charger was acting up (6 LED flashes). I went this morning to plug it in and babysit while it was charging. Long story short after about 10 minutes I noticed the red and back wires were getting quite warm/hot to the touch. Shortly after this the led's started flashing. Pulled the connector and found what pictured. Anyone know where I can source another connector? Also, do you think the charger caused the issue or just a loose connection? I think we can clean up the charger side terminals and be ok provided there's no internal damage to the charger. The last picture is the charger side of the connection. Thanks in advance for any help.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_6419.jpg (673.4 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6420.jpg (691.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6421.jpg (641.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_6422.jpg (867.2 KB, 0 views)
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2020, 09:20 AM   #2
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Need help locating 2Five Delta Q connector

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
My charger was acting up (6 LED flashes). I went this morning to plug it in and babysit while it was charging. Long story short after about 10 minutes I noticed the red and back wires were getting quite warm/hot to the touch. Shortly after this the led's started flashing. Pulled the connector and found what pictured. Anyone know where I can source another connector? Also, do you think the charger caused the issue or just a loose connection? I think we can clean up the charger side terminals and be ok provided there's no internal damage to the charger. The last picture is the charger side of the connection. Thanks in advance for any help.
It's a common problem on the 2Five. Changing the connectors results in the same thing happening again. The connector is not truly rated for the load. You may want to bypass the connectors with an Anderson connector set for those 2 wires.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 10:22 AM   #3
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I'm not sure how I would go about that on the two only. The male side on the charger does not have a pigtail. It's mounted directly to the case. Can you offer any insight?
Old 06-19-2020, 10:45 AM   #4
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

It's an expensive conversion. I did one a few weeks ago, and theres another in the line waiting for me. I can provide all the delta q part numbers, a parts source, and technical info if your interested. That same parts source could get you a plug end of your current design too, but it's a waste of money (and I've tried a new plug, just to find there WAS damage in the charger).
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 11:12 AM   #5
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
It's an expensive conversion. I did one a few weeks ago, and theres another in the line waiting for me. I can provide all the delta q part numbers, a parts source, and technical info if your interested. That same parts source could get you a plug end of your current design too, but it's a waste of money (and I've tried a new plug, just to find there WAS damage in the charger).
I just opened the charger and removed those two wires from the board. I put two pigtail wires on them and will try it this afternoon using some heavy duty connectors we had here at the dealership. If it works, I'll just drill a hole in the charger case next to the plug to run the new wires out. Not the prettiest solution, but hopefully it works. Thanks for your help.
Old 06-19-2020, 11:19 AM   #6
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Is there a wiring diagram for the plug? I'm assuming one of the other reds is for the battery temp sensor, the yellow, red and one of the blacks are for the reducer, but that leaves a white and a couple blacks I'm not sure of.
Old 06-19-2020, 03:28 PM   #7
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Heres the plug diagram. And my notes for converting to the "updated style".

Heres all the part numbers required for the conversion. (Sorry, i dont have the plug part number for your stock plug, I gave up on those long ago).

922-4854 - charger
900-0071 - SB50 kit
900-0103 - signal wire kit
900-0076 - "red, black, blue, white" plug

I get all my Delta-q stuff from Fullriver battery (1-800-522-8191), they are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. And I bet they could get you that original plug too.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200619_132225.jpg (183.9 KB, 0 views)
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:31 PM   #8
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by jneubig View Post
Is there a wiring diagram for the plug? I'm assuming one of the other reds is for the battery temp sensor, the yellow, red and one of the blacks are for the reducer, but that leaves a white and a couple blacks I'm not sure of.
Just drill a hole in the case and external pigtail the 2 heavy wires. The contacts of the plug and socket are OK for the lower current wires. Be sure to sleave both wires to prevent chaffing of the insulation of the 2 heavy wires.
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2020, 03:38 PM   #9
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
Heres the plug diagram. And my notes for converting to the "updated style".

Heres all the part numbers required for the conversion. (Sorry, i dont have the plug part number for your stock plug, I gave up on those long ago).

922-4854 - charger
900-0071 - SB50 kit
900-0103 - signal wire kit
900-0076 - "red, black, blue, white" plug

I get all my Delta-q stuff from Fullriver battery (1-800-522-8191), they are friendly, knowledgeable, and helpful. And I bet they could get you that original plug too.
Thanks a bunch!!
Old 06-19-2020, 03:39 PM   #10
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
Just drill a hole in the case and external pigtail the 2 heavy wires. The contacts of the plug and socket are OK for the lower current wires. Be sure to sleave both wires to prevent chaffing of the insulation of the 2 heavy wires.
That's what I'm going to do if it tests OK for charging this afternoon. I have the pigtails on there now. Left the case cover off for the time being. Thanks again for all your help.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO