lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-22-2020, 08:34 AM   #1
tshryock
Not Yet Wild

Default Wire between charging receptacle and first battery

The wire that runs from my charging receptacle and the first battery post broke (I think it ties in to something else first - maybe a little fuse box?). I bought a new ring connector, stripped the wire and went to remove the nut only to find the terminal post is stripped. It felt like it was still getting good contact (not really loose), so my solution was to put a second nut on top of the post with the ring connector sandwiched between the two nuts (one new, one original). The cart ran fine, but the connector was really hot. Two questions:

1) I think the ring connector I got may be too small for the current going through it. Can anyone recommend what size I need for that and where I might get one?
2) Is my solution to the stripped post contributing to this -- ie is having the connector between two nuts an issue or not?

Thanks!
tshryock is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO