lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-08-2020, 05:58 AM   #11
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v to 48v conversion. want to compare notes with you.

rbridges…...seeing as its a TXT, and is 36v.....its a mid-2000's or earlier. So put your thinking cap on and think about your cart.....is the Forward/Reverse switch a toggle on the dash, or a lever on the front of the seat pedestal next to your knee??
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-08-2020, 07:16 AM   #12
rbridges
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by kernal View Post
Stock motor is fine on 48v. Generally higher voltage perks them up.

Need to know what drive system is in the cart to make any meaningful upgrade suggestions.

Here is a good place to start: https://www.cartsunlimited.net/upgrade-suggestions.html
There is a chart to determine drive system and lots of info about upgrade options.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
it all depends on the drive system he has, and he never said….if he's SERIES drive, and a stock motor, the only way to go faster is to go 48v.
Reading the article, it looks like I have a series drive system. Mine has the big black handle that changes it from forward to reverse.
rbridges is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 08:19 AM   #13
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

It sounds like your a series cart.

I just finished the 48v conversion on my 2002 series cart about 2 months ago and got pretty good results. I put in a Alltrax 500 controller, and the 400 solenoid available from Carts Unlimited, I also installed Trojan 8v batteries.

I will be hopefully adding new cables, and the reversing contractor this winter.

I now have a top speed of about 26 mph, depending on how many people are in the cart with me. I can't really comment on hills, because I live in a pretty flat area.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-08-2020, 10:58 AM   #14
rbridges
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sir Nuke View Post
rbridges…...seeing as its a TXT, and is 36v.....its a mid-2000's or earlier. So put your thinking cap on and think about your cart.....is the Forward/Reverse switch a toggle on the dash, or a lever on the front of the seat pedestal next to your knee??
It's a lever on the front of the seat next to my knee.
Old 07-08-2020, 11:00 AM   #15
rbridges
Not Yet Wild

Quote:
Originally Posted by 2K6TBSS View Post
It sounds like your a series cart.

I just finished the 48v conversion on my 2002 series cart about 2 months ago and got pretty good results. I put in a Alltrax 500 controller, and the 400 solenoid available from Carts Unlimited, I also installed Trojan 8v batteries.

I will be hopefully adding new cables, and the reversing contractor this winter.

I now have a top speed of about 26 mph, depending on how many people are in the cart with me. I can't really comment on hills, because I live in a pretty flat area.
That's the route I was hoping to go; new controller, solenoid, batteries. Did you keep the stock cables for now? BTW, I don't live in a "hilly" area. Just some grades where I can feel the cart is definitely going slower.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO