lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-16-2020, 04:17 PM   #1
clutchgeargasgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Default 36v txt dcs won't move

Hi first time poster. I have a 97 ezgo txt 36v with dcs drive. I recently had a problem with a controller so I replaced it with an alltrax xct-500 (turned down to 400 because of stock motor) and also a heavy duty solenoid an mzj-400. I have all 2awg wires on my cart. Here my problem it was running fine for a little over a week and then while driving it just died. Now it will not move. I have done all the testing I can understand from the carts unlimited site but feel like I'm not doing it correctly. The controller will power on get the green light blink then solid. The solenoid will click when I turn the switch on and when I press the pedal. My batteries are brand new and fully charged they show 38v. please help me if possible thanks!
clutchgeargasgo is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-16-2020, 05:34 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: 36v txt dcs won't move

Measure the voltage between the controller's B- and M- terminal's.

When the pedal is pushed just far enough to make solenoid click, you should read full battery pack voltage. (38.2V when fully charged, about 93% charged at 38.0V)

If you don't, there is an open someplace in the high current circuit. (Motor brushes maybe)

If you do get pack voltage, slowly push pedal to floor and the voltage should smoothly decrease down to Zero Volts. If not, check the throttle voltage.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg XCT in DCS.jpg (246.4 KB, 0 views)
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2020, 05:58 PM   #3
clutchgeargasgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I will do this tomorrow night after work I had to walk away for tonight lol. Thank you for your help
Old 07-17-2020, 07:31 PM   #4
clutchgeargasgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Ok I tested the m- to b- and had pack voltage before I even touched the pedal. When solenoid clicks I still have pack voltage and it doesn't move at all as you press the pedal down. I then tested throttle voltage I assume you ment from wire to black wire on controller 9 pin plug at controller. That starts at 6.9v and dropped to 4.3 at the floor.
Old 07-17-2020, 07:47 PM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchgeargasgo View Post
Ok I tested the m- to b- and had pack voltage before I even touched the pedal. When solenoid clicks I still have pack voltage and it doesn't move at all as you press the pedal down. I then tested throttle voltage I assume you ment from wire to black wire on controller 9 pin plug at controller. That starts at 6.9v and dropped to 4.3 at the floor.
Not sure what you tried to type.

Measure between the black and white wire on pins 1 & 2.
Should be 10V with pedal pushed just far enough to make solenoid click and 6V with pedal on floor.

If you're not getting those voltages, check the in-line plug/jack on the gray cable coming out of the pedal box. They get corroded and cause all sort of problems. Most people replace the connector with individual butt-splices or solder joints.
Old 07-17-2020, 08:50 PM   #6
clutchgeargasgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So yes that's exactly what I was testing (white and black wires) and didn't get 10v. I got 6.9 when solenoid clicks and went down to 4.3 at full throttle. I will check connection tomorrow and just put butt connection in. Thanks will report back after that.
Old 07-18-2020, 08:17 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Waterproof the butt-splices with marine grade (adhesive filled) shrink tubing.

Problem could also be the ITS sensor inside the pedal box.

Measure between the black and white wires when they are disconnected from the ITS sensor.
Not sure what the voltage should be, but it ought to be well above 10V.
Old 07-18-2020, 01:07 PM   #8
clutchgeargasgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So I just went through testing everything with the guy that sold me the controller and it seems to be the controller. We hooked it to the laptop and everything had all the correct voltages in and out. I then tested the motor and that was fine also. So I am sending the week old alltrax back for warranty.....
Old 07-18-2020, 01:45 PM   #9
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by clutchgeargasgo View Post
So I just went through testing everything with the guy that sold me the controller and it seems to be the controller. We hooked it to the laptop and everything had all the correct voltages in and out. I then tested the motor and that was fine also. So I am sending the week old alltrax back for warranty.....
Let us know how things work out.
Old 07-18-2020, 02:02 PM   #10
clutchgeargasgo
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Will do. I would like to buy a new its sensor just because mine does look a little ruff and I'd rather knock it out now while I'm waiting. Any suggestions on where to get it ?? Thanks
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO