lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-19-2020, 11:01 AM   #21
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Pds solenoid clicks but doesn’t move

The harness I originally posted will plug into a PDS controller. The plastic part is male pins with female connectors inside. The controller side is 39-01-3103

Edit pics attached. Harness shown is the Alltrax DCX adapter for a PDS harness. Black cable is the one I mentioned
Attached Images
File Type: jpg D54E9197-E0B9-45F7-A1AB-2BAE174BADE9.jpg (98.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg CBD26BCD-06F8-4E3A-86F0-02B75DD8D986.jpg (203.0 KB, 0 views)
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-19-2020, 11:23 AM   #22
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
The harness I originally posted will plug into a PDS controller. The plastic part is male pins with female connectors inside. The controller side is 39-01-3103

Edit pics attached. Harness shown is the Alltrax DCX adapter for a PDS harness. Black cable is the one I mentioned
I stand corrected.

I dug out my old stock PDS controller and sure enough the wiring harness plug needs male plastic with female metal pins.

They sure look like female metal pins in the picture of J1 on a PDS controller though. I'm not sure where I got that picture. I guess I'll have to break out the ring-light and macro lens and take some better close-ups.

Thanks for saving me from myself.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-19-2020, 11:38 AM   #23
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

No problem buddy

What I did find strange is looked at the link you posted and it looks like the cable I have but if you look at the bottom of the page it lists what it plugs into and if you look at that one it is the male side.. Something is amis
Old 07-19-2020, 12:10 PM   #24
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
No problem buddy

What I did find strange is looked at the link you posted and it looks like the cable I have but if you look at the bottom of the page it lists what it plugs into and if you look at that one it is the male side.. Something is amis
BTW: Newark is selling them for $10.66 each. https://www.newark.com/molex/245135-...ableAssemblies

Also, here are the data sheet and drawing for it.
Attached Files
File Type: pdf 2549605.pdf (43.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: pdf 2451351005_sd.pdf (158.6 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-19-2020, 12:18 PM   #25
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

That is a deal

They also have the 4 pin cables if you happen to be making a programming cable for a Curtis controller. They are on sale for $2 and change. I hate crimping little things.
Old 07-19-2020, 12:35 PM   #26
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
That is a deal

They also have the 4 pin cables if you happen to be making a programming cable for a Curtis controller. They are on sale for $2 and change. I hate crimping little things.
I had access to a wide variety of crimping tools and temperature controlled soldering irons/pencils before I retired in 2009, so I could make and repair most signal and low power connectors, but now it is more or less needle nose pliers and a soldering gun.

I do have various sizes of pin pusher tools though. Not that it matters much, my hands shake too much these days to do that type of stuff.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO