lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-20-2020, 06:56 AM   #1
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

Default To keep or replace?

I am getting mixed reviews on this one.

I just did a repair call at a home today on an EZGO RxV Fleet 2011. It has 4 -12v Trojan batteries and all were in very good condition except the back one and it had a lot of corrosion on the positive post. They were all low on water, but it was dry and I have seen worse!! I cleaned it and it has a few rungs corroded off the top. I cleaned well and put it all back together and it is working fine. Here are the tow questions:

1. Keep it or suggest replacing?

2. This terminal had a Sony Bluetooth radio connected to it. Could that have led to the corrosion?
Shandog777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-20-2020, 07:43 AM   #2
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Default Re: To keep or replace?

replace the cable for sure.....and put a coat of battery protection spray on all of the connections. such as CRC's....you can find it at any auto parts store.

Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 08:26 AM   #3
Shandog777
Not Yet Wild

I definitely replaced the cable. It was awful! I will grab some but it seems okay to me. They are about $250 a battery so it would be nice if he could not replace right now.
Shandog777 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-20-2020, 03:53 PM   #4
2K6TBSS
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

The corrosion will take a little while to come back. I would use the spray on all the terminals. I do that with all my vehicles and have no corrosion problems.
2K6TBSS is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO