lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-22-2020, 01:27 PM   #1
braze
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default RXV won’t go in forward or reverse..sometimes?

I recently purchased a 2015 RXV. The first 2 times I took it out I had no problems but now it often won’t go in forward or reverse. I take the key out and try to get it to reset and sometimes it works quicker than others to get going again. Sometimes it works the first try, other times it takes 5-10 or so attempts.
I’ve searched and some people said something about the motor brake or solenoid, then something else said it could possibly be the controller. It’s not the batteries, they are good and hold charge. I actually hooked up the new batteries i have in my other cart just to double check. I plan on purchasing the Navitas but would like to solve this problem before upgrading other things.
Any input is appreciated. Thanks
braze is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-22-2020, 06:42 PM   #2
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: RXV won’t go in forward or reverse..sometimes?

Next time it it fails. Turn the key off, pull up on the pedals with the toes of your shoes, turn key on.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-22-2020, 07:05 PM   #3
braze
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Tried that as well, no luck
Old 07-22-2020, 07:15 PM   #4
cgtech

Yamaha

Do you happen to have factory installed lights? (Any aftermarket lights dont count in this situation)

If you do have factory lights, check to see if the brake lights come on by themselves when the cart messes up.
Old 07-22-2020, 11:17 PM   #5
braze
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

No factory lights either. Are you thinking possibly the motor brake? I’m about to buy one just to see if that’s the problem. From what I’ve read they are prone to go bad on RXV so if that’s not the problem I guess I’ll atleast have a new one lol. I’ve read solenoid problem as well. If I get the Navitas I’ll need a 400a solenoid. I’m lost on what else to try/check. I’d hate to spend $1200 in upgrades and have the cart still do what it’s doing.
Thanks for the input so far👍
Old 07-22-2020, 11:49 PM   #6
cgtech

Yamaha

I was thinking motor brake, and if your cart had factory lights, the controller would conveniently turn on the brake lights in the event of a brake test fail. 2015 is not in the year range for bad solenoid failures, that was very early ones, all before 2012. Yours has a much much better solenoid than the early bad one.
Old 07-23-2020, 06:02 AM   #7
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by braze View Post
No factory lights either. Are you thinking possibly the motor brake? I’m about to buy one just to see if that’s the problem. From what I’ve read they are prone to go bad on RXV so if that’s not the problem I guess I’ll atleast have a new one lol. I’ve read solenoid problem as well. If I get the Navitas I’ll need a 400a solenoid. I’m lost on what else to try/check. I’d hate to spend $1200 in upgrades and have the cart still do what it’s doing.
Thanks for the input so far👍
braze is the reason your wanting to replace that Curtis controller because your wanting the OTF switch? The reason I'm asking the Navitas has 600amps and the stock Curtis controller you have in there now is 705amps as per how Navitas measures there amps. If your wanting that OTF switch I fully understand your thinking.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 07:00 AM   #8
wingnut2000
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

may not be it but I have a 2015 RXV with an aftermarket light kit and if the lights are in the on position before the key is turned on it will not go and i have to turn the key and lights off then turn key on again and it will go. Also sometimes if i try and turn lights on right after the key before pressing the gas pedal it wont move so i usually wait a second after moving and turn them on.
wingnut2000 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-23-2020, 09:41 AM   #9
braze
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by usgicollector View Post
braze is the reason your wanting to replace that Curtis controller because your wanting the OTF switch? The reason I'm asking the Navitas has 600amps and the stock Curtis controller you have in there now is 705amps as per how Navitas measures there amps. If your wanting that OTF switch I fully understand your thinking.
Yes. The cart only goes about 12mph. I live in a smaller community with a course and where a lot of people drive carts around. I’m on the road with mine everyday and I’d like to keep up with cars doing 25. I have a txt that goes about 35 so this thing at 12 is driving me nuts
Old 07-23-2020, 10:05 AM   #10
usgicollector
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

I sent you a pm.
usgicollector is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO