lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-30-2020, 04:11 PM   #11
peachhead
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: cart works with no key

updated wiring

Blue from key switch to ms2 f/r
Green from key switch to 4 way plug going to footswitch
Sol - small black to Black J1
Sol + small red to 4 way plug to footswitch
Orange to blue J1. to ms4, f/r switch
Sol + small red to J1 red
J1 green - empty
white from charge port to pack +
black from charge port to pack -
red from charge port to ms2 f/r

controller b+ to sol + (awg2 cable)
sol + to pack + (awg2 cable)
the cables from motor to controller are correct per the diagram.

If I read the diagram correctly that should be right. There is another black wire that I think goes from the solenoid to the backup buzzer (?) which I have not connected yet because I need to take the bigger cable off right next to it, to get to it. If that is right then I don't care about the buzzer, it's disconnected on my other cart too.

Right now the keyswitch is totally disconnected, cart still runs forward and rev.

does that lead me back to a stuck solenoid? I'm still not sure how to test for that.
peachhead is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-30-2020, 04:47 PM   #12
GATORB8
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

If this one is right. Small sol - goes to controller negative, not controller harness black.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 606325DF-303B-41A9-8A90-7ABAE75B6E5A.jpg (66.9 KB, 0 views)
GATORB8 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2020, 05:41 PM   #13
peachhead
Not Yet Wild

That one was per the alltrax diagram.
Old 07-30-2020, 05:52 PM   #14
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

I got to line 2 and saw this

Blue from key switch to ms2 f/r
Green from key switch to 4 way plug going to footswitch

Problem is green from KS goes to pedal ms. Pedal ms goes to the 4 wire plug and on to the solenoid. I hope this helps

See the activation diagram attached
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo Series solenoid activation diagram.jpg (115.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-31-2020, 07:10 AM   #15
peachhead
Not Yet Wild

That is what it does. Green goes from the keyswitch to the 4 way plug. Then the plug goes on to pedal Ms. White, black go to controller red to solenoid, green goes on to that footswitch.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg 20200731_080355.jpg (158.1 KB, 0 views)
Old 07-31-2020, 12:57 PM   #16
peachhead
Not Yet Wild

will check my pedal microswitch this afternoon.

after digging I also found this thread

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=151588

which suggests rewiring and doing away with that 4 way connector. So I'll probably do that also and run the green straight through.

thanks for all the help so far!
Old 07-31-2020, 06:21 PM   #17
peachhead
Not Yet Wild

rewired the molex connector. green is now straight to foot switch. tested that switch and voltage started high, went down to zero while pushing down the accelerator (which I believe is what it is supposed to do). Verified white and black from footswitch to controller, verified red from footswitch to solenoid.

no key switch connected at all. still runs great. any other suggestions?
by the way I have been using the alltrax manual, the solenoid circuit diagram above and the wiring diagram in the service manual. The small negative from solenoid used to go to controller - but with alltrax goes to controller black J1.
Old 08-15-2020, 04:49 PM   #18
peachhead
Not Yet Wild

Update. I've been talking to tech support. I pulled the red wire from the foot switch that goes to the solenoid and checked voltage and I had zero voltage. Then I wired everything back up and still had no voltage. My pack voltage is 36.15. pack negative to large solenoid terminal one is 36.15. pack negative to large solenoid terminal 2 is 35.26. back negative to small positive solenoid terminal is zero. Pack positive to small solenoid negative terminal is 36.13. controller will not power on it all. Swapped solenoid made no difference. Does it sound like a dead controller or what?
Old 08-15-2020, 11:12 PM   #19
peachhead
Not Yet Wild

I think I got it. First I had no power on the f/r switch. Bypassed Reed switch and that got me pack voltage at Dr. Then checked power at key switch. Had power at blue when off, no power on green. Turned switch on, no power on green. So I ran another wire from switch green straight to pedal switch. Still no power. Went back to my old switch, bang. Got power when switch is on, no power when off. Pressed accelerator, presto. Green light on controller, cart goes forward and backward. So my Reed switch was bad, and apparently the green from key to footswitch has a short in it even though I got continuity. Could also be the new key switch is bad also. This was a pain in my butt but now at least I have a much better understanding of the power activation circuit. So tomorrow I get to run new wire and play with this new switch. 🙂
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO