lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-09-2020, 01:55 PM   #11
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Delta SC48 Charger question

My charger flashes red and green for a second or so then starts charging. But it never gets to the >80% green light. Stays below 80. Batteries eventually get hot and charger goes into fault mode. voltages are good, as a pack and separately. Water levels good. I ordered a Lester summit 2 today.
Nsmustang55ol is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-09-2020, 02:09 PM   #12
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

I'm betting the batteries have problems, as indicated by long charge times & major battery heating. This usually indicates the batteries are not capable of accepting a full charge easily.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-09-2020, 02:59 PM   #13
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

Yea your probably right. Oh well. A good charger won’t hurt lol.
Old 09-11-2020, 07:16 PM   #14
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

All SC and QEs do a quick five red/green flash before the cycle is supposed to start as some sort of POST (Power On Self Test). You should hear a tiny little click when the green light starts flashing. If you end up hearing 'click click!' a few times and it flashes red, the relay/relay circuit is failing. The relay (I've dug into a few) is extremely cheap and the wires inside are no more thick than an IF coil on a transistor radio (like it's not intended to last a long time!) and you can shove a piece of popsicle stick in there and make the charger work but sans relay (I fixed a few this way) and bypass that error.

If any other parts are failing though, and this is more likely, forget about it. These chargers have actually burned folks' houses down, so I'd just get a real charger and forget this thing.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-12-2020, 02:53 AM   #15
Nsmustang55ol
Not Yet Wild

So I charged my cart for first time with Lester summit 2. It timed out at 99%. Way more than SC 48. Drove 4 or 5 miles. Still showing 49.5 volts. So I’m excited what it does at full charge.
Old 09-12-2020, 05:58 AM   #16
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by cgtech View Post
A quick flash for about a second is normal. I thought you were saying it just flashes "red & green" forever after being plugged into the cart (a common failure mode on that charger). The video doesnt look like it ever charges, but the video was very short.
Mine flashed the one time as shown in the video then nothing. Never started actual charge cycle.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-15-2020, 09:54 PM   #17
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

IF they do the five flash test and not even a red flash fault code indication, the AC fuse has blown due to an internal short, most likely resistor R106 has burned up. You can replace the fuse and resistor (the resistor isn't the cause, but the symptom of a shorted component) and you'll likely get a nice bunch of sparks, a melted fuse holder, and tripped circuit breaker. That's been my experience with an AC fuse blown. Without the AC power supply working you don't get a fault, it just acts like it's not plugged in.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO