lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 08-21-2020, 05:37 PM   #1
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Default Which years for used series ezgo cart

I have two DCS carts that work well but need something for hills, I have been told that series carts had the most low end torque. So what year range do I need to start looking at, want something with controller not resistors.
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 08-21-2020, 06:02 PM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Which years for used series ezgo cart

1996-2010 (? last year) were all about the same. No big changes in this time, mostly just a few style changes.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 06:11 PM   #3
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Medalists, and TXTs were never sold with resistors. '95 and up would be safe. Last of the series carts were approx. 2008. Possibly a very few in 2009. I'm speaking of golf models not industrial products.
FWIW, it has been suggested on this board that the DCS carts actually produced more torque than the series and higher top speed also. I can't prove that. However, I have a series cart (2000 TXT) that I've owned since new. My experience over 20 years is that it would just barely keep up with the PDS versions on inclines. The only reason it could do that is because being a factory built 4 passenger it came with a 400amp controller and a more powerful motor than the golf model.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-21-2020, 10:48 PM   #4
webwarmiller
Not Yet Wild

I've got a '96 series cart and my friend a '98 DCS both with less than 1 month old batteries. We've tested them side by side when fully charged and they are pretty much identical on flat ground and going up hills. On anything with even the slightest downhill my series cart will pull away because at some point the regen braking on the DCS cart kicks in.
webwarmiller is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 08:16 AM   #5
chuckinnc
Getting Wild

Thanks, maybe I will save the money and instead of buying a used cart just get a larger amp controller.
chuckinnc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-22-2020, 09:14 AM   #6
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinnc View Post
Thanks, maybe I will save the money and instead of buying a used cart just get a larger amp controller.
Upgrade the controller, solenoid. cables, batteries, and motor for the best results. Consider you will do this and more to any new cart you get. The Admiral B4 motor is a beast with a 500 amp control in this cart.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 08-23-2020, 08:46 PM   #7
mgray70
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by chuckinnc View Post
A DCS cart with a 400 amp Alltrax with the cable and solenoid upgrade is a pretty awesome ride even with the stock motor. Would be even better with another motor like Scotty mentioned.

Sent from my SM-G970U using Tapatalk
mgray70 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO