lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-03-2020, 11:16 AM   #1
rezidu
Not Yet Wild

Default What do I have? EZGO RXV

New to golf carts and I have no idea what I have. I'd appreciate some info from the experts. I picked this up a few days ago and have already put some miles on it. Does anything jump out at you? What kind of lift? Anything else I should look out for?
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_3407.jpg (200.8 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3410.jpg (192.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3411.jpg (192.5 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3412.jpg (187.2 KB, 0 views)
File Type: jpg IMG_3413.jpg (189.1 KB, 0 views)
rezidu is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-03-2020, 12:05 PM   #2
kernal
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: What do I have? EZGO RVX

Ezgo RXV, very early '12 or older. Has a Danaher controller. Do some research if you plan to modify it especially if adding electrical accessories. Cart is computer controlled and NOT friendly to DIYers messing with the electronics.
kernal is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-03-2020, 12:41 PM   #3
Jaybird18
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

clean looking cart
Jaybird18 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 09:54 AM   #4
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

The Curtis variants are far, far worse when it comes to DIY goof-ups. Just looking at one funny EOLs them. RXV though. It's a popular car here, but I have started hating them. Fried electrics are #1 (PLEASE don't put garbage Rural King batteries in them! seriously I wish Rural King would pull a K-Mart and die already!) and it can take weeks for me to figure out the repair. You need electronics degrees to even bother with them.

Never did understand why it has to be so darned complicated. Might as well slap Mercedes on them. Golf cars are supposed to be dead simple. Designers should NEVER be engineers.

/end Scotty Kilmer-style rant
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 01:43 PM   #5
cdressel
Getting Wild
E-Z-GO

Aw, come on, Nick. Don't hold back. Tell us how you really feel!
cdressel is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-05-2020, 07:16 PM   #6
nickdalzell1
Resident Curmudgeon

If I did, then I'd be banned per forum ToS. However, I speak as one of many mechanics who have to work on the darned things where I wish badly for the simplicity of resistor or 2-cycle carts. Nothing more simple than those and they still work--30 plus years later. Parts don't cost customers over $1K just because they tried wiring in a radio or cut the backup beeper off.

The RXV is a perfect example of form over function. It's too 'idiot proof' for its own good. Drive-by-wire should have never been a thing for golf cars.
nickdalzell1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO