lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-19-2020, 11:56 AM   #21
Capt. Lenny
Born to be Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Plum Quik motor on TXT??

Once again, I would talk to Robbie Steen at Plum Quick after all he holds multiple records for the fastest cart in the 1/4 mile. I started with a stock 36 volt AMD series Hi speed fleet motor and gained about 4-5 mph with the Bandit tricks he does. He was able to point me in the right direction for upgrading to 48 volts which is currently underway. So far I've changed the wires to 2 gauge, changed the controller to an Alltrax 500 amp with a 400 amp solenoid. The controller gave me more torque but no additional speed which was as expected. If you have a GE motor, I would pop for an aftermarket high performance unit. If the calculations (found in this forum) are correct I should get about a 33% increase in speed when I install the 48 volt battery pack and that would put me pretty close to 30 mph. The Bandit was $275 but the high performance choices are around $600 from what I remember. The controller, solenoid and wires were all purchased from Scottyb at cartsunlimited.net. Scotty will help set you up with what you need and does the initial programming on the controller if you tell him what you're looking for.
Capt. Lenny is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-19-2020, 12:04 PM   #22
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Plum Quik motor on TXT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
Once again, I would talk to Robbie Steen at Plum Quick after all he holds multiple records for the fastest cart in the 1/4 mile. I started with a stock 36 volt AMD series Hi speed fleet motor and gained about 4-5 mph with the Bandit tricks he does. He was able to point me in the right direction for upgrading to 48 volts which is currently underway. So far I've changed the wires to 2 gauge, changed the controller to an Alltrax 500 amp with a 400 amp solenoid. The controller gave me more torque but no additional speed which was as expected. If you have a GE motor, I would pop for an aftermarket high performance unit. If the calculations (found in this forum) are correct I should get about a 33% increase in speed when I install the 48 volt battery pack and that would put me pretty close to 30 mph. The Bandit was $275 but the high performance choices are around $600 from what I remember. The controller, solenoid and wires were all purchased from Scottyb at cartsunlimited.net. Scotty will help set you up with what you need and does the initial programming on the controller if you tell him what you're looking for.
The plum quick stuff is all DC motor stuff. None of it will work on the new RXV AC system sir. But you are correct on your statements for the upgrades.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:46 PM   #23
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Capt. Lenny View Post
I appreciate the time u took the explain that! Ill Definitely look into it
Terranceperryman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-19-2020, 03:49 PM   #24
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
The plum quick stuff is all DC motor stuff. None of it will work on the new RXV AC system sir. But you are correct on your statements for the upgrades.
I stated before the i am BRAND NEW to my cart. But my understanding is that my 2016 TXT is DC. Is that correct?
Old 09-19-2020, 04:00 PM   #25
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by kgsc View Post
Noooo.. You mentioned in another post that you had a 6” lift. I am assuming you have larger than stock tires.. Alltrax with stock tires will be around 23-24. Larger tires should get you to 27-28.
Right! 6” liftt. 23” tire
Old 09-19-2020, 06:10 PM   #26
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Talking Re: Plum Quik motor on TXT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranceperryman View Post
I stated before the i am BRAND NEW to my cart. But my understanding is that my 2016 TXT is DC. Is that correct?
I don't know what it is. You stated you wanted Bob's advise on it so I figured it was a RXV model. I don't know with out more info. We need the serial number. What does the motor & controller look like. The cart should say what it is some where.

The RXV should have the rounded dash where the key switch is.
As I stated in my first post a DC controller will not increase speed only torque unless Bob knows something nobody else does about DC controllers.

AC controller's yes can set up speed, braking and acceleration.
But as I stated the PQ Bandit motor will not work on AC system.
You need to figure out which one you have and let us know so we can figure out what you need.

My little red coupe does 28MPH with 400amp Altrax controller and a high speed D&D motor.
Old 09-20-2020, 01:55 PM   #27
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Andy4639 View Post
I don't know what it is. You stated you wanted Bob's advise on it so I figured it was a RXV model. I don't know with out more info. We need the serial number. What does the motor & controller look like. The cart should say what it is some where.

The RXV should have the rounded dash where the key switch is.
As I stated in my first post a DC controller will not increase speed only torque unless Bob knows something nobody else does about DC controllers.

AC controller's yes can set up speed, braking and acceleration.
But as I stated the PQ Bandit motor will not work on AC system.
You need to figure out which one you have and let us know so we can figure out what you need.

My little red coupe does 28MPH with 400amp Altrax controller and a high speed D&D motor.
Im extremely grateful for the time you have given trying to help me. EXTREMELY!! I am BRAND NEW to carts. No one has had anything but good to say about Bobs work with the RXV. I was thinking he could do the same with the TXT, but i has no idea that they where differ carts. Didn’t know one was AC and the other was DC. Again i Im very grateful. Just hoping to be pointed in the right direction. Sounds like that may be Plum Quik
Old 09-20-2020, 02:04 PM   #28
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Think blue..
kgsc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-20-2020, 05:00 PM   #29
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Thumbs up Re: Plum Quik motor on TXT??

Quote:
Originally Posted by Terranceperryman View Post
Im extremely grateful for the time you have given trying to help me. EXTREMELY!! I am BRAND NEW to carts. No one has had anything but good to say about Bobs work with the RXV. I was thinking he could do the same with the TXT, but i has no idea that they where differ carts. Didn’t know one was AC and the other was DC. Again i Im very grateful. Just hoping to be pointed in the right direction. Sounds like that may be Plum Quik
Ok, if your cart is a TXT DC cart then like my first post. A bandit is only going to get you maybe 18-20MPH tops with street tires maybe a bit more with bigger 23" tall tires but your going to loose a lot of the torque with the bigger tires. You need to post your serial number so we can decide what you have.

To get 27MPH you will need at a minimum is a 48 volts, controller 400-500AMP with 48 volt contactor, battery charger and a high speed motor. Good cables at least #2 are bigger.

My red coupe has a high speed D&D motor in it with 01 welding cables.
It runs 28MPH on flat ground with low profile tires.

If you want to go full out go with a AC conversion kit but the price is about $2000.00 plus installing it.
Old 09-21-2020, 07:22 AM   #30
Terranceperryman
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

F202257E-16A2-4EA6-80DB-731840D1D95C.jpgF202257E-16A2-4EA6-80DB-731840D1D95C.jpg. Here was the serial
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO