lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-20-2020, 03:03 PM   #1
Rockabillyrider
Not Yet Wild

Default Western elegante golf cart questions

I’m new here and I just picked up a western elegance golf cart for 800 bucks, currently trying to bring the battery’s back to life. It did not come with a charger however and to me it counts as a 42 volt cart but I have 2 different charging ports on it. One was just wired by the battery’s and the other mounted on the body. Can someone help me figure out exactly which size charger I need. And does anyone know what roofs will fit this lol thanks for any and all help. Also verify the year for me, he said it was a 97
Rockabillyrider is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2020, 10:05 AM   #2
Wayman
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Western elegante golf cart questions

I just bought one as well. The hood latch won't open and charger is inside. Does anyone know how to open the hood?
Wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:27 AM   #3
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wayman View Post
I just bought one as well. The hood latch won't open and charger is inside. Does anyone know how to open the hood?
The trunk latch is operated by a 12v solenoid. If the batteries are dead maybe you can remove the switch from the dash and put 12v to it and get the trunk to open. GL
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 10:35 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rockabillyrider View Post
I’m new here and I just picked up a western elegance golf cart for 800 bucks, currently trying to bring the battery’s back to life. It did not come with a charger however and to me it counts as a 42 volt cart but I have 2 different charging ports on it. One was just wired by the battery’s and the other mounted on the body. Can someone help me figure out exactly which size charger I need. And does anyone know what roofs will fit this lol thanks for any and all help. Also verify the year for me, he said it was a 97
Lead acid batteries suffer irreversible damage when left in a discharged state. So know you may not be able to bring these batteries back or if you can the capacity of the batteries may be greatly diminished. This is a series cart. The electronics in it are probably capable of 48v which would increase performance and 6/8v would reduce weight, that's something this cart could use help with.

The Lester Summit II 650w charger is the only charger I know which can do both 42 and 48v with the proper algorithm chosen by the user. the charger can be had with the SB50 connector shown in the cart body.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2020, 07:01 PM   #5
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Depending upon the year some of the westerns also have a pull string just for this reason under the front body. Worth checking just in case.
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 12:48 PM   #6
Wayman
Not Yet Wild

Thank you, Ill check into this but didn't see anything. ill look harder. does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for this model?
Wayman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-12-2020, 02:13 PM   #7
golf cart man
Gone Unrestrained

Mixed Breed

Quote:
Thank you, Ill check into this but didn't see anything. ill look harder. does anyone know where i can get a wiring diagram for this model?
Yes, I have posted them in PDF form at the link below. Remember it's an ezgo cart underneath so you can follow the ones at the link below as well as an ezgo system diagram.

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/showthread.php?t=159291
golf cart man is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO