lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 09-24-2020, 06:39 AM   #1
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Default Brakes locked on rxv

Brake locked on and could not release,even in tow mode.the battery voltage showed 48volts.
Will chargeing the battery pack fully release the brake.,I,m guessing the brake assy is faulty.Canit be released manually?It is not my cart ,getting info for a buddy
Olddog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 09-24-2020, 06:50 AM   #2
jneubig
Gone Wild
E-Z-GO

Default Re: Brakes locked on rxv

Did you try swapping the wires on the controller cover? The process should be printed on the cover. It will give full pack voltage directly to the brake and it should release. If that fails, the brake could always be removed from the cart to move it, but there will be nothing to keep it from rolling away so be very careful with that option.
jneubig is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-24-2020, 04:51 PM   #3
Threeput
Gone Wild

I had same problem with my 2009 RXV...I found the electrical plug going into the brake socket was not making contact ..I had checked the voltage at the plug...which was OK...then checked continuity of brake coil...OK..wasn't till I accidentally touched the wiring at the plug and heard 'Click"...I removed plug pushed the contact in the plug in a bit...all Ok for months now
Threeput is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 09-25-2020, 08:15 AM   #4
Olddog72
Gone Wild

Thanks for info ,as I mentioned the cart is not mine ,I will relay info to him when he gets to park,best to let him brake something than me ha ha
Olddog72 is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO