lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-18-2021, 06:38 PM   #1
disneyland kid ride
Not Yet Wild

Default 1971 harley davidson golf cart eats generator belts..machine driving flange??

Going to machine the front driving flange to accept the normal size belt. Anyone else done this? Either that or find a good used later style front driving flange. Parts houses have new ones for only 265
disneyland kid ride is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-19-2021, 06:23 PM   #2
disneyland kid ride
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1971 harley davidson golf cart eats generator belts..machine driving flange??

Not paying 265! Step 1 take off drive belt. Step 2 put bricks on gas pedal. Step 3 turn key on so motor starts. Step 4 take off generator belt while its running. Step 5 fire up angle grinder and go to town. Step 6 repeat until satisfied with larger V groove. Step 7 smooth with sand paper while its running. Seems to work good. Saved me 265 bucks.
Old 06-20-2021, 08:38 PM   #3
Humpty
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: 1971 harley davidson golf cart eats generator belts..machine driving flange??

I like what you’re saying, took me a bit to get what you’re doing. Regrooving the generator pulley. Goes without saying,,, be careful
Humpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-20-2021, 09:42 PM   #4
disneyland kid ride
Not Yet Wild

funny thing was I was grinding for 1 whole hour before I realized why I was getting NOWHERE! Angle grinder wheel disc and pulley were turning like they were meshed gears! Ended up reversing motor so the pulley would spin in oposite direction at grinding area and now sparks flew! Was beginning to wonder if the pulley was some kind of hardend metal!
Old 06-22-2021, 01:50 PM   #5
Humpty
Not Yet Wild

LOL! That’s kinda funny……
Humpty is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas golf carts > Gas Harley Davidson