lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-25-2015, 01:58 PM   #11
brewginger2.5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default Re: Possible MCOR issues, replace or fix?

Also, regarding the batteries. Purchased new US Batteries last summer. Just did a load test last night, on not full batteries, back started at 50.5v, dropped to 45v and then back up to 48v while still under load. I'll retry with fully charged batteries tonight, but didn't have time yesterday before load test. Thank you for any ideas!
brewginger2.5 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-25-2015, 02:29 PM   #12
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

Serial numbers after AA0112-001470 had MCORs.

If You are still using the OEM controller, what controls the power output is the throttle voltage on terminal #3 of the controller.
Raise the rear wheels off the ground (just in case).
Key switch ON
FNR in Forward.
Disconnect terminal #3 (yellow wire) from the controller.

With a voltmeter set to 20vDC scale, measure the voltage range on the yellow wire as You slowly press the pedal all the way down.

It should go from 0v to higher than 4.6v to get full speed.
Sergio is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 02:38 PM   #13
brewginger2.5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by Sergio View Post
Serial numbers after AA0112-001470 had MCORs.

If You are still using the OEM controller, what controls the power output is the throttle voltage on terminal #3 of the controller.
Raise the rear wheels off the ground (just in case).
Key switch ON
FNR in Forward.
Disconnect terminal #3 (yellow wire) from the controller.

With a voltmeter set to 20vDC scale, measure the voltage range on the yellow wire as You slowly press the pedal all the way down.

It should go from 0v to higher than 4.6v to get full speed.
I'm using an aftermarket 500 amp controller, 2 gauge cables, HD f/r, and HD 400 amp solenoid, from scottyb. Is that test still necessary, or does that change the readings?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:46 PM   #14
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

What is the exact model number of the controller?
Old 06-25-2015, 02:48 PM   #15
brewginger2.5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Thank you for you assistance, btw. I'll reply back with that info when I get back home. Anything else you might need to know?
Old 06-25-2015, 03:07 PM   #16
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Here's my experience with a PQ Bandit. It's a great upgrade. I had to have a motor that would go between 20-25 mph to be street legal. It did that alright it even got up to 28 mph downhill. Here's where the problem came in. Going uphill it would slow down to 13 mph. This was with just a moderate hill. My opinion is that the Bandit is great for flat lands like Florida and SC but if you have got any hills at all you need to upgrade your motor. Disregard all of this if you are slowing down to like 5 mph.

Disclaimer: Just my humble 2 cents worth
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-25-2015, 03:15 PM   #17
brewginger2.5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
Here's my experience with a PQ Bandit. It's a great upgrade. I had to have a motor that would go between 20-25 mph to be street legal. It did that alright it even got up to 28 mph downhill. Here's where the problem came in. Going uphill it would slow down to 13 mph. This was with just a moderate hill. My opinion is that the Bandit is great for flat lands like Florida and SC but if you have got any hills at all you need to upgrade your motor. Disregard all of this if you are slowing down to like 5 mph.

Disclaimer: Just my humble 2 cents worth
Thanks for the info. 13 mph is the magic number. That's exactly the speed I go up a 10% grade, any steeper grade, even less. Thing is, I have a neighbor that has a bandit upgrade, and flies up the hills. His is a regen, and low profile tires. I have series with 23" tires.
Old 06-25-2015, 07:11 PM   #18
brewginger2.5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Quote:
Controller is FSIP part # FS42L500NNVS.

Looked at yellow wire, going into controller from MCOR, but where do I put the other side of volt meter?

Tested the ohms on yellow #3 and green wire #2 with pedal up, and down. Again, nothing (did not register a thing, not even 0) when up, and pedal depressed to floor at 1750.

Also, saw neighbor with PQ bandit on his cart. He has stock controller, 4 12v batteries. We were equal on flat ground, and downhill, but once started uphill, he was roughly 4-5 mph faster.

Last edited by brewginger2.5; 06-25-2015 at 07:18 PM.. Reason: add additional info
Old 06-25-2015, 07:22 PM   #19
brewginger2.5
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Could the yellow cable #3 be compromised in some way? It seems brittle. Last year, when replacing the controller, the end snapped off and I had to put a new end onto the wire. Possible corroded inside wire sheathing? Do they sell just that part/wire between MCOR and controller?
Old 06-25-2015, 07:33 PM   #20
Sergio
Gone Wild

Club Car

The FS42L500NNVS is a 3 wire throttle like the OEM, so the same voltage reading should apply.

The negative probe of the meter goes on the pack negative or on the B- terminal on the controller.

Unlike a Multi-Step potentiometer, the MCOR should not have a open reading, which would be indicated by 0L on the meter, when the pedal is up.

If the voltage reading on the yellow wire is off, unplug the MCOR 3 pin connector and measure the resistance directly on the MCOR pins that correspond to the Yellow and Green wires as You press the pedal down.

There is not a lot of current that goes through the throttle circuit, so it is very sensitive to bad connections.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car