lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-29-2015, 12:06 PM   #21
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: just want to be sure.------on this centering kit

Quote:
Originally Posted by jjance View Post
I'd guess that it is in the brake shoe assy. Is that the normal volume or are you recording it thru the stethoscope?

itss not that loud, quite.his phone made it sound louder if you knock down he noise in your head as i did It defintely a noise , curious though its not heard in the grass, You think it maybe in the "shoes"

no stehescope here .in this vid. you can hear the noise the loudest .when you have a steth; on the axel flange/ behind the shoe.
bsa_bob is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-29-2015, 01:07 PM   #22
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Bob, check the bushings in your leaf springs. Mainly the bushings in the front of the springs near the battery compartment. It sounds as if the entire assembly is shifting back and forth as you change directions.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 01:51 PM   #23
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

FIRST THING tuesday i'll get at it, see if thats whats going on. bob s thanks David
Old 06-29-2015, 02:30 PM   #24
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Sounds like worn leaf spring bushings to me. Watch the springs move with the noise.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 03:23 PM   #25
tag50
Gone Wild
Club Car

Bushings inspection was suggested 6-04-15 (Thread "Quick question on---clunk", post #7). Don't know if it was pursued.

tag50 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 05:38 PM   #26
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by tag50 View Post
Bushings inspection was suggested 6-04-15 (Thread "Quick question on---clunk", post #7). Don't know if it was pursued.

Yes it was pursued but not .to heartly,as i have installed many many leaf springs on my hotrods, and my buddies streetrods.over the last 50 or so years. So now the noise is in the rearend(close as i can tell). The front spring bushings do not MOVE.with rear wheels elevated off the ground.Ineed to get a golf cart guy around here to check it out, but had no luck. mich golf courses are not very willing to share their techs with joe public [me]why i don't know bob s
Old 06-29-2015, 05:39 PM   #27
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by mrgolf View Post
Sounds like worn leaf spring bushings to me. Watch the springs move with the noise.
think i'll get new bushings from David replace them anyway.
Old 06-29-2015, 05:56 PM   #28
jjance
Gone Wild

Club Car

Quote:
curious though its not heard in the grass
The ground is softer in the grass. Maybe a rock or something stuck in the tire treads.
jjance is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-29-2015, 06:25 PM   #29
mrgolf
Old Sky Soldier

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by bsa_bob View Post
think i'll get new bushings from David replace them anyway.
Bob,

Although it looks to me on the video like the noise could be coming from the spring bushings, I would have someone rock the cart while I watched the bushings and checked for the noise, on each bushing before I just replaced them just to rule them out.

Hope that is the problem. It would be better than rebuilding the rear end.
mrgolf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-30-2015, 06:40 AM   #30
bsa_bob
Gone Wild

Club Car

I---WE- rocked the cart as it sat in the garage Sunday last. My son and i.The noise was there in the video. Once the kart is upon A roll around floor jack.I can jog --slight rocking motion of the tire back and forth ...just enough to hear the noise by hand.What i get then is.-----what feels to me like normal movement of all concerned parts.The movement is normal . The changing of the gear direction forward to reverse -is at a slow {hand movement ]speed.This.....to me the way it sounds. is ;example;If you have a "automobile center section- third member- . pumpkin etc. You twist the pinion gear from side to side by hand .....at that time ,the ring gear is meshing .not under ANY load, but you still feel the direction of change thru the gearing in your hand. MY ---clunk --clik etc, noise. is this same bit of movement but its amplified 20 times making for noise. Therefore a bad u-joint sound. NO u-joints- in this problem. this is just a description.
I or we will get this , figured out,My son says this is a normal sound "they all do this" hes owned his cart about 3 months now .let that tell you about this. Hes brand new to golf carts,this interest he has in these carts .in and of itself makes me proud of him, even if it has selfish reasons. He likes what his Dad [me] likes. have a great day guys....especially those who read my ,version of the problem i am having. cheers bob s

bought a new stethescope last nite to try and pinpoint the noise today thank for all your help by offering ideas on this i will always be grateful . bob
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car