lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-27-2016, 08:42 PM   #1
Tidenumone
Not Yet Wild

Default Key Switch - Accessory Pin

Hello,

On a cart with lights & two position key switch, so the back has four pins...one of these is the accessory/ignition pin for telling stuff the cart is on.

Does anyone know if there pin every reads zero or does it always have one or two Volts coming out of it, even if the cart is off.
Tidenumone is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-28-2016, 04:20 PM   #2
Helirich
Gone Wild

Default Re: Key Switch - Accessory Pin

On my switch, there are four spades. With the key off, all spades are "open" On the first position, two of the spades "close". On the second position, the other two spades "close". (The first two spades remain closed)

In the second position, the two "closed pairs" of spades do not close to each other.

That is how the switch works. What you have hooked to it would deturmine what you got for volts on the spades.
Helirich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-28-2016, 08:11 PM   #3
Tidenumone
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Key Switch - Accessory Pin

Thank you...

I have four pins also.

Pin 1: 36 volts all the time (feed from the battery)
Pin 2: 12 volts when off (switch open) and 36 volts when the key is in position one or two (switch closed)
Pin 3: around one volt or less when off (switch open) and 36 volts when the key is in position two, lights on (switch closed)
Pin 4: between one to two volts or less when off (switch open) and 36 volts when the key is in position one or two (switch closed)

I talked with ezgo this week - it is normal for the fourth pin to always have some voltage, not every really closed. There answer is I should have gone with their reducer for double the cost. Talked with MadJax, the need the ignition line to be zero....

If someone has one of these working, can they test the voltage coming out of the pins.

I am running out of ideas....

Thank you
Tidenumone is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO