lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-07-2016, 12:02 PM   #51
cgtech
Over This Interview Is...

Yamaha

Default Re: >1 mph F or R - Fully Charged Help

Could be bolts are too tight on brake, that will cause mega heat & very short life. Just snug the bolts enough to compress lock washers.
cgtech is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-07-2016, 04:05 PM   #52
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

ill check that, although i don't have a torque wrench. I'v read to push lock washers down and thats. I'll double check thats the exact tension i have and see how it goes from there.
LSU MykuL is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-10-2016, 11:40 AM   #53
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

Update: went to test ride cart today and it's been fully charged. Pres the pedal down and it's extremely slow but no shuttering of the brake. Now it's just slow as can be. I mean...I'm honestly on the fence about just selling the darn thing.
Old 12-10-2016, 02:18 PM   #54
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU MykuL View Post
Update: went to test ride cart today and it's been fully charged. Pres the pedal down and it's extremely slow but no shuttering of the brake. Now it's just slow as can be. I mean...I'm honestly on the fence about just selling the darn thing.
Sorry to hear that. I wish you were closer.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-11-2016, 06:07 PM   #55
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

One last question. So when I fully charge the cart, the charger is solid green and the carts light near the plug is solid green for about 12 seconds then blinks three times then back solid for 12 more seconds. This is continuous. Does this mean anything? The charger stays solid and never flashes.
Old 12-12-2016, 09:14 AM   #56
cgtech

Yamaha

Hmm, never seen that before.
Old 12-12-2016, 11:13 AM   #57
BobBoyce
Gone Insane
E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by LSU MykuL View Post
One last question. So when I fully charge the cart, the charger is solid green and the carts light near the plug is solid green for about 12 seconds then blinks three times then back solid for 12 more seconds. This is continuous. Does this mean anything? The charger stays solid and never flashes.
The local dealer changes the batteries when the off-lease RXVs he gets in do that. He said that when he checks, both ends of the batteries he removes are bulged quite a bit. That is a good indication that heavy sulphation has occured in those batteries. Sulphation occurs when cells in a lead acid battery drop below a certain potential (voltage), decreasing storage capacity and weakening the electrolyte as sulfuric acid bonds with lead to form lead sulphate crystals. The best way to prevent sulphation is to not allow batteries to discharge too deeply and stay discharged for long. Many off-lease carts were not charged as quickly after use as they should have been during their golf course lease period. Most commercial desulphators on the market are not very effective. They just don't understand the chemistry involved in sulphation.

Bob
BobBoyce is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-13-2016, 10:51 PM   #58
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

So new batteries now...ouch. Whats you recommendation on type and whats the best place to get them at a reasonable cost? I always hear Trojans are top, and you pay top dollar...which is fine, but are there any other brands i should consider to maybe save some dollars and not jeopardize longevity? Thanks.

FYI, these batteries are five and a half years old i believe, id have to double check the stamps again though to be certain.
Old 12-14-2016, 11:04 AM   #59
cgtech

Yamaha

5+ years on 12v batteries, Yep time for them to retire. My suggestion to you is do the 6x 8v upgrade, since you are spending $ anyway. 8v will last longer.
Old 12-19-2016, 05:14 PM   #60
LSU MykuL
Not Yet Wild
E-Z-GO

How much additional life will I get? If 12s last roughly 5-7 years what can I expect out of 8s?
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO