lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-15-2017, 09:24 AM   #21
rking1998
Getting Wild

Default Re: 1998 TXT Build Thread

I read a post on here that talked about putting the fan pointed up, then on some instructions that I got with it, it said the same thing. Look at the date of the picture, I think it is old.
rking1998 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-15-2017, 09:42 AM   #22
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by rking1998 View Post
I read a post on here that talked about putting the fan pointed up, then on some instructions that I got with it, it said the same thing. Look at the date of the picture, I think it is old.
Got a note back from scotty.....he told me that he had mounted his at the top so that there wasn't a dead space where leaves might collect and could hinder air flow if they got trapped in there, BUT it really makes no real difference to the controller.
Sir Nuke is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-15-2017, 06:49 PM   #23
rking1998
Getting Wild

I can see the logic about not getting stuff inside the controller. I am not sure how powerful the fan is, but I wonder if the airflow coming out of the "tunnel" would blow leaves out. When it is parked, the top of the controller is only a few inches below the bottom of the seat and it will be kept in the garage.
Old 07-16-2017, 01:56 PM   #24
DaveTM
Gone Wild

I like what you have done. It's looking really nice!! Good job!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-16-2017, 06:00 PM   #25
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

rking.....I mounted mine today....come to find out, unless you want the HIGH mounting you have to drill extra holes in the heat sink, and the LOW mounting is what ALLTRAX recommends for our carts.....so I mounted mine the same way you did.

PIC24.jpg

only thing that is, I had already engraved RUN and TOW on the mount....now they are upside down....oh well, at least you know is way is which!! lol
Old 07-16-2017, 06:31 PM   #26
rking1998
Getting Wild

Looks familiar.

Also, my big cable from the engine to the controller was not long enough to cross over it I had mounted it the other way. It won't help me much to engrave run/tow on my mounting bracket because once the body is back on, I can hardly even see the switch. I do it by feel.

I am jealous of the shiny red motor back there. When I decided to by one, everyone across the country is out until August. So I decided to give my original motor a second chance.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:44 PM   #27
Sir Nuke
Master of All Things

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Looks familiar.

Also, my big cable from the engine to the controller was not long enough to cross over it I had mounted it the other way. It won't help me much to engrave run/tow on my mounting bracket because once the body is back on, I can hardly even see the switch. I do it by feel.

I am jealous of the shiny red motor back there. When I decided to by one, everyone across the country is out until August. So I decided to give my original motor a second chance.
WOW my long cable is way longer than it truly needed to be....but better to long than two short. I could have easily mounted it the other way and still had enough cable.

The reason I engraved the RUN and TOW....is that I am building this cart for my nephew as his hunting cart....and he has never had a cart.....and wouldn't know any better....this way its labeled so there is no excuse for not knowing which is which.

as far as the motor....I just got lucky....and got the last one available. otherwise I'd be in the same boat and would be waiting until August.
Old 07-16-2017, 09:53 PM   #28
rking1998
Getting Wild

This is my first cart also. The learning curve is steep...

Hopefully, my motor hangs in there for a while.
Old 07-19-2017, 10:14 PM   #29
rking1998
Getting Wild

I have re-installed all of the trim including rocker panels, floor mat, cup holders, bumper. I also finished covering my front seats, but I am struggling to get my rear back rest covered.

IMG_0490.jpg

Today, I took apart my driver's side brake and screwed in the auto adjuster quite a bit to make it stop rubbing. It was obvious that was my problems because there was a ton of brake dust from probably not more than an hour driving. I put it back together and it no longer rubs, and it brakes better than ever. I can almost lock up the brakes now.

I downloaded a speedometer app on my Iphone to see how fast the cart is. On fairly level ground it is going around 18-20 and around 14-15 up a slight incline. I drove it down a slight hill and reached 25 mph.

I got my new Yewy 1200z charger today from Scotty. Sure is a lot lighter and smaller than my old one. We will see how it charges.
Old 07-20-2017, 06:57 AM   #30
DaveTM
Gone Wild

Quote:
I have re-installed all of the trim including rocker panels, floor mat, cup holders, bumper. I also finished covering my front seats, but I am struggling to get my rear back rest covered.

Attachment 156025

Today, I took apart my driver's side brake and screwed in the auto adjuster quite a bit to make it stop rubbing. It was obvious that was my problems because there was a ton of brake dust from probably not more than an hour driving. I put it back together and it no longer rubs, and it brakes better than ever. I can almost lock up the brakes now.

I downloaded a speedometer app on my Iphone to see how fast the cart is. On fairly level ground it is going around 18-20 and around 14-15 up a slight incline. I drove it down a slight hill and reached 25 mph.

I got my new Yewy 1200z charger today from Scotty. Sure is a lot lighter and smaller than my old one. We will see how it charges.
It's nice when a plan comes together!! Sounds like your's is coming along great!!
DaveTM is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO