lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-06-2017, 02:22 PM   #1
popeyeracing1
Not Yet Wild

Default Flooded Carts

I have been seeing a lot of flooded carts at auctions due to the hurricanes this year. I seen a auction I buy some stuff from selling 350 new model ezgos. They was all had flood damage from fresh water not salt water. What do yall think about fixing them do you think you would run into a lot of problem? What all do yall think would need to be replaced? How much do you think repairs would be? I am just bouncing around the idea of buying some if I can get them for the right price and was seeing what yall thought
popeyeracing1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-06-2017, 02:31 PM   #2
ThreeCW
Gone Wild

Cushman

Default Re: Flooded Cars

There have been some Flooded Cart discussions on this forum recently. You can use the Search function to locate them (second blue bar on top ... 3rd item from the right).

Here is one that may interest you: http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/gener...ded-carts.html

Repairs on these cart could be at the low end at $100's of dollars ... at the high end, $1000's of dollars. The above link will perhaps give you a better picture of the risk of buying a flooded cart.

I will also add a quote on this subject from a very experienced / expert / well respected BGW member:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BobBoyce View Post
People that buy insurance auction cars typically don't have modern golf cart experience. They tend to think that golf carts are not as complex as they are these days, so they are grossly underestimating the cost to turn them around for resale. Few buyers are looking to buy for their own use. I know a lot of those guys, and every purchase they make is a gamble due to the lack of information provided about the vehicles being auctioned.

The insurance companies would not be auctioning them off if they were so economical to repair. That in and of itself should be a warning to potential buyers. Accident cars are one thing, but cars that look fine are likely suffering from serious hidden issues.
ThreeCW is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 04:33 PM   #3
Sideways
Gone Wild

Default Re: Flooded Carts

I can tell you with some degree of certainty from my experience in the auto insurance industry (over 20 years) that a flood vehicle is 95% Taboo... to the insurance company. While fresh water is not as detrimental as salt water, fresh water still can provide unseen electrical issues much later down the road. Most insurance companies won't take that gamble and will only consider repairing a flood vehicle if the water level did not get into the passenger compartment.
Sideways is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 06:58 PM   #4
BLACK DEATH
Gone Wild

Club Car

Poppy, where you located and which auction?
I’ve watched some here in Texas and never see them that cheap.
I only watch the gas powered ones though.
BLACK DEATH is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-06-2017, 08:25 PM   #5
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by BLACK DEATH View Post
Poppy, where you located and which auction?
I’ve watched some here in Texas and never see them that cheap.
I only watch the gas powered ones though.
Not sure if he means $350, or 350 of them. Probably 350 of them.
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 08:17 AM   #6
popeyeracing1
Not Yet Wild

They are going to auction off 350 carts
Old 11-07-2017, 10:23 AM   #7
vagabond
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

we had one of the park ezgos end up in the lake here for about 10 hrs I cleaned it up and recharged the batts, controller was junk, I recommended a altrax to the manager but he went with something he found on line. it worked but just barely and he wanted to start throwing parts at it. I picked up a altrax from Scotty and installed it no more probs
vagabond is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 11:48 AM   #8
Mooncarter
Gone Insane

Club Car

Quote:
Originally Posted by popeyeracing1 View Post
They are going to auction off 350 carts
Where is this auction?
Mooncarter is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-07-2017, 07:08 PM   #9
popeyeracing1
Not Yet Wild

http://www.deancoauction.com/documen...115catalog.pdf
Old 11-16-2017, 05:35 PM   #10
big mule
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

The insurance company or whoever was the current owner(s) of ALL the flooded golf course equipment & carts in this auction is smiling all the the way to the bank!!It appears to me that everything brought more money than running & driving like equipment.
big mule is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO