lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 03-01-2021, 04:29 PM   #41
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Default Re: Solid state conversion and 36 to 48 volt

Scotty - the bolt was tight. I have the Admiral A1 (I think that's the right name its the red one) Ill shoot you an email with the info and details. Ill have to find the packing slip its out in the barn. I haven't thrown away anything yet.
NewtoBuggies is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 03-24-2021, 04:12 PM   #42
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Bump: just an update. My controller has been sent for return to All trax thanks to the help of Scotty B and the Graciousness of Alltrax with replacing the controller under warranty. Other than my lack of time to get it sent out the process was smooth. I am now just waiting for the return shipment email and tracking number from Alltrax when they send the new one out. Thanks again to Scotty and Alltrax for helping with this issue.
Old 04-17-2021, 12:23 PM   #43
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Hello everyone. I have been busy but have an opportunity today to work on the cart.

Update: Alltrax replaced my controller with Scotty-B's help. Thank you Scotty. I ordered 2ga wires just because even though i am running the 4 ga that i had upgraded to before the controller upgrade. I figured this is safest.

today I have hooked everything up and I cant get my solenoid or SW202 to click at all. My controller wont give any LED lights unless i plug in the computer and then it only gives the 3 green indicating its 0-5 volt.

I'm going to recheck my wiring to be sure I have out everything in the right place as it has been a few weeks and I may have confused a wire or two or forgot them all together.

I will let you know how it goes
Old 06-13-2021, 12:11 PM   #44
WC53
Getting Wild
Club Car

Any updates.
I am about to start this upgrade on the folks old cart and now I am scared ;)

Also curious if I update the SR48500 software in the toolkit, does this erase settings @ScottyB put in? Specifically the pedal 5v settings?
WC53 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-19-2021, 10:54 AM   #45
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Updating software should not change the custom throttle profile we entered.
Resetting DEFAULTS will wipe out any changes we made.
There really is no reason to update performance-wise. I asked what changes were included and my understanding is the latest update is more for Alltrax's troubleshooting benefit than anything the user would benefit from.
Fresh stock today has the update installed.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-26-2021, 03:41 PM   #46
NewtoBuggies
Gone Wild

Club Car

Well, I'm back y'all. I received the new controller form Alltrax as I updated and nothing was working. I hooked up the wiring just like it was on the old one. I fiddled with it for a few hours and just was frustrated. I pushed it to the back burner and am just now getting to it 5 months later. The voltage is at 45 volts so it's on charge to bring it up to full before I mess around with it too much. I did find a loose stud on the solenoid on the negtive side and changed the solenoid (MZJ400). I may have overtightened it and spun it loose inside - not sure. When i hook the controller up to the alltrax tool kit on my laptop it confirms the voltage but wont do anything else. I tried to get it to do a fan check but it just tells me the kSI is not on but it infact is. I examined the witring to be sure i am hooking it up correctly and everything there pans out. the controller is flashing 3 green blinks. According to the book the code is 0-5V throttle. But tells me nothing else. I checked the wiring for the pedal and its correct on hook up and the fuse is good. I do notice a difference in hook up from Scotty's instructions vs the book instructions. There is a difference with using the J4 and not using the J4. I am using the diagram Scotty provided for the installation not the booklet diagram by the way. I figure it is the most correct for my install and it was working before.

Scotty - maybe you have some input on this or a suggestion?

Thanks for any help
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car