lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2021, 09:01 AM   #1
Thomasdthe3rd
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

Default 04 club car braking when letting off pedal

Hey all, I have a 2004 club car IQ. I have had it for a few months. When I got it, it would not go over 8 miles an hour. I put a new speed sensor on it(the one with two screws) and a speed magnet. Picked up to about 18 mph. All of a sudden in the last month, it has started braking really hard when you let off of the accelerator pedal. I mean like almost locking up the rear wheels and then beeping. If I hit the accelerator while this is happening, it stops but as soon as I let off, it does it again. I don’t want to damage the motor. Does anyone know why it would all of the sudden start doing this? I do believe the previous owner put in a new controller before I got it from him. Any and all help appreciated in trying to track this down. I was getting to put a lift on the cart but want to get this resolved before I put the money into a lift kit. Any suggestions on the lift kit is appreciated also. Looking to buy from the sponsors here.
Thomasdthe3rd is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car