lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-19-2021, 09:42 AM   #1
K.King
Not Yet Wild

Default 2002 DS stalls

2002 Club Car DS 48v IQ cart. Came in not running, the customer purchased it this way. We diagnosed it as a bad controller, replaced controller and cart now runs for a few hundred yards and cuts off. If I release the go pedal and step on it again the cart runs again a few hundred yards and cuts off again. 1313-4401 Curtis scanner in Monitor mode shows M-Coil fault and motor stall, followed by a number reflecting the number of times the motor stall has happened ie: 66, 67, 68 and so on.
The cart has a new MCOR {Mexico} already.
M-Coil fault is not defined in the service manual that I can find. I replaced the solenoid on a hunch that M-coil could mean Main contactor coil fault. It did not help. I did test motor terminal resistance specs and they are okay. I pulled the motor and inspect brushes, wiring etc:, cleaned it up and reinstalled-did not help the issue.
Cart will cut off regardless of go pedal position 1/3, 1/2, 3/4 or full throttle.
Any help is appreciated.
K.King is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-19-2021, 11:33 AM   #2
R&TBabich
Gone Wild
Club Car

Default Re: 2002 DS stalls

Quote:
Originally Posted by K.King View Post
2002 Club Car DS 48v IQ cart. Came in not running, the customer purchased it this way. We diagnosed it as a bad controller, replaced controller and cart now runs for a few hundred yards and cuts off. If I release the go pedal and step on it again the cart runs again a few hundred yards and cuts off again. ....
When it cuts off do you hear the solenoid drop out and relatch again when stepping on the pedal?
R&TBabich is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-19-2021, 01:44 PM   #3
K.King
Not Yet Wild

The solenoid does not drop out that I can tell. If I release the go pedal and step on it again the solenoid will click and the cart will run and shortly stall again.
Old 05-19-2021, 01:55 PM   #4
K.King
Not Yet Wild

I should have said I do not hear it drop out. I do maintain pack voltage across the solenoid but that may be pre-charge resistor voltage
Old 05-20-2021, 05:02 PM   #5
TahoeDawgZ71
revolutiongolfcars.com

Club Car

Main coil fault indicates that the solenoid coil has become open, thus losing it's internal connection while driving. I understand you replaced the solenoid and the problem still exists. Did you replace it with a factory unit? Shouldn't matter, but it might be worthwhile to put a factory solenoid on it. Also, check the yellow wire and the big red wire that comes from the battery pack. If those wires aren't making a good connection it can cause issues.
TahoeDawgZ71 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-20-2021, 06:16 PM   #6
movin-on
Gone Wild
Club Car

With an early ds it could also be main dropout...Read this thread...

https://www.buggiesgonewild.com/show...hlight=harness
movin-on is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car