lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 06-20-2021, 05:37 PM   #1
jdunmyer
Gone Wild
Mixed Breed

Default changing rear axle oil

2013 RXV: I thought it'd be a good idea to change the rear end oil, found the procedure with a video. Having to remove the LH axle to pump the oil in is stupid! Whoever at EZ-Go who signed off on that design should be horsewhipped, IMO. How much could it cost to add a fill hole/plug to the housing?

Shouldn't have bothered, the oil looked like new, and the cart isn't exactly high-mileage.

Just had to vent.
jdunmyer is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 06-21-2021, 06:44 AM   #2
ojo
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: changing rear axle oil

Yes right, it's hard to understand.... maybe the person in charge has never heard about axle oil to change If you'll try it again, there is a vent hole on top of driver side axle tube, with a syringe and a short rubber hose (~9mm) you can press it in there. For me, it's much less painful that way.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg IMG_20201008_130636.jpg (109.0 KB, 0 views)
ojo is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 06-21-2021, 07:01 AM   #3
sthreatt
Gone Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: changing rear axle oil

Quote:
Originally Posted by ojo View Post
Yes right, it's hard to understand.... maybe the person in charge has never heard about axle oil to change If you'll try it again, there is a vent hole on top of driver side axle tube, with a syringe and a short rubber hose (~9mm) you can press it in there. For me, it's much less painful that way.
I thought about that when he said he just had to "vent".
sthreatt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO