lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 12-15-2007, 02:27 PM   #1
Diver
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Default new pics of my workhorse with jack shaft and power steering

heres some pics of jack shaft done with power steering. I also welded up the the spider gears for posi. this thing will still turn on a dime and you can make it slide on a turn very easy. now to do the exhaust and wiring then add the painted body.

also on the bottom is my electric bike. its 48 volts, and will spin the front wheel on dirt from a dead stop. top speed is 32 so far and range is 19.5 on a charge. Its just to kool and so much fun to ride
butch

Diver is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 12-15-2007, 07:42 PM   #2
caddymankc
WILD

E-Z-GO

Default Re: new pics of my workhorse with jack shaft and power steering

Thats a nice steering setup, what type of batteries are you running in the bike.
caddymankc is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-15-2007, 08:09 PM   #3
Diver
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

i run 4 12 volt 12 amp hour sla battery's, Im adding one more pack after Xmas.

On the cart with the jack shaft , the motor turns one revolution to 1 1/2 revolution to the jack shaft. this thing will cruise at low engine rpms nice. i figured since i had the jack shaft that id add the power steering so hopefully if i drop a front wheel in a hole it wont brake my hand. this will be a scary ride lol
Old 12-16-2007, 09:30 AM   #4
ruredy
Born Wild

That's certainly different.
Do you have an idea of how fast it'll run?
Does the new swingarm have the engine mounted to it?
It's really hard to tell from the pics but it looks to me like you may need to add some gussets or something to beef up the front axle. I guess it depends on what you plan on doing with the cart but I would guess one good jump and that axles going to bend.
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 12-16-2007, 12:42 PM   #5
Diver
Not Yet Wild

Yamaha

Quote:
Originally Posted by ruredy View Post
That's certainly different.
Do you have an idea of how fast it'll run?
Does the new swingarm have the engine mounted to it?
It's really hard to tell from the pics but it looks to me like you may need to add some gussets or something to beef up the front axle. I guess it depends on what you plan on doing with the cart but I would guess one good jump and that axles going to bend.
Im planing on adding a wish bone support to the front end to take some of forward force on the axle. As far as it bending . the axle is two inch 3/16 wall square tubing. I was thinking that to be strong enough but gussets would not hurt. thanks for the suggestion.

I don't know how fast it will go i do know without even hardly stepping on the throttle it is faster then my bike and when you punch it, it will set you back and just pull away from the bike like its not moving.lol Oh i also had to change the weights in the drive clutch to 2400 engagement to make up for the increased rpm of the jack shaft. I thought more then that but Tom talked me into this weight and it worked perfectly. Glad i listened to him . took forever for comet to ship Tom the parts.

Yes the whole drive is on the swing arm motor and all. i had to extend the swing arm i bought from Tom about a foot. this set in no way will work on the regular ezgo. I don't thing there is enough room. i also took two leafs out of the rear springs to give it some give. now when i add the body i hope it will be about the right weight to give a good ride. That dump bed has to be 200 lbs or more and i dont plan to carry any heavy loads in it
butch
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO