lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-01-2008, 03:57 PM   #1
Saltysteele
Home of the Teeny Weaney

E-Z-GO

Default Jakes performance headers

I just saw Jakes has a performance header for 94-01 EZ's. Says it is tuned for that engine. If I were to get that (this may be a stupid question ), would I need to jet my carb differently? Not sure what the "tuning" means/does

Sounds pretty sweet, from the MP3 clip they have on their site. I sent them an email, however, it came back undeliverable. I'll call sometime this week, but in the meantime, I was just curious if anyone had any experience with it, or if it is too new.

Thanks!
Saltysteele is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-02-2008, 09:35 PM   #2
turnagainhardcore
Gone Wild

Default Re: Jakes performance headers

I have not had any experience with them yet but i would recomend an air filter to compliment the headers
turnagainhardcore is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-02-2008, 09:48 PM   #3
roady89
nimda
Club Car

After spending 5 years in the header buisness I can safely say that those headers are not "tuned". Tuned for the engine they were tested on maybe. Secondly...Tuned for what? More torque...more rpm....what is it tuned for? Every engine is different and have to be "tuned" differently for optimum performance. There is no doubt the header will make more power but I can't see the word tuned being used. Its a bunch of hype.
roady89 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-03-2008, 12:12 AM   #4
tbolt
Gone Wild

Hype is spelled bull$$$$. I hate it when they mislead and prey on unknowing people. Even the $400.00 stainless pipe on my Vtwin is not "tuned" Maybe free flowing.

Glen
tbolt is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO