lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 04-15-2008, 06:46 PM   #1
jeme
Not Yet Wild

Default Need Help Selecting Cart

Hello - I am new here! I am in the market to purchase a cart and I was wondering if some of the members might help me please.

I want a 4 seat cart for riding the hood, fishing on golf course ponds and golfing.

I have some down to 2 carts -

A gold standard Club Car Precedent or a new EZ Go - not the the ac model - and I am sorry I do not have the model number. PDS I think.

So I am confused over 36 volt vs. 48 volt - all dealers say there is not a difference.

What are some of the main differences between CC and EZ Go besides the CC Aluminium frame?

What is a better cart? Long term what is better for modification?

I like the style of the precedent. It seems more - say refined...

I like the fact that the EZ GO can mount a radio in the dash and on the CC you have to pyt it up top. I also like the factory back seat kit on the EZ Go and how it can create a storage area.

I don't like how you have to mount a radio in a consol at the roofline in an CC - this just seems like a problem waiting to happen - with all that shaking and rattling.

OK - any comments or recomendation would be greatly appreciated. Thanks!
jeme is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 04-15-2008, 08:31 PM   #2
stumpy6006
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Need Help Selecting Cart

I JUST BOUGHT AN 07 48 VOLT PRECEDENT (USED) ABOUT A MONTH AGO AND LOVE IT. THE CART HAS A 6" LIFT WITH 23" TIRES AND 12" RIMS. ALSO IT HAS A 5OO AMP CONTROLLER AND AFTER MARKET MOTOR. I LOOKED AT EVERY CART ON THE MARKET AND DROVE A BUNCH OF THEM. I LIKE THE PRECEDENT AND DRIVE IT EVERYWHERE WITH MY KIDS. THE ROAD OR THE TRAILS IT RUNS GREAT AND I HAVE NO COMPLAINTS.

JEFF
stumpy6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-15-2008, 09:57 PM   #3
jeme
Not Yet Wild

Default Re: Need Help Selecting Cart

Thanks for the input - what specifically did you like about the Precedent over the EZ-Go>
Old 04-16-2008, 09:43 AM   #4
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

I have owned a bunch of Ezgo's & Club Cars. I would perfer a Ezgo anyday. They are easier to work on and you don't have to pull the back half of the body off to get to the controller.
My opinion, and we all know about that right.
Andy4639 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 08:10 PM   #5
jeme
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Andy - what about the ride - any difference between the solid front axle on the EZ-GO and the independent suspension on the club car? Thanks
Old 04-16-2008, 08:18 PM   #6
stumpy6006
Not Yet Wild

Thumbs up Re: Need Help Selecting Cart

Quote:
Originally Posted by jeme View Post
Thanks for the input - what specifically did you like about the Precedent over the EZ-Go>
I LIKE THE ALUMINIUM FRAME AND THE PRECEDENT JUST SEEMED A LITTLE MORE POLISHED. I AM NO EXPERT AND IT SEEMED LIKE THE PEOPLE WHO SELL THEM ARE NO BETTER. I LOOK AT IT LIKE FORD VS CHEVY. HONESTLY I WOULD BUY A NICE USED CART THAT SOMEONE HAS ALREADY DUMPED THE MONEY INTO. THERE ARE SOME REALLY GOOD DEALS OUT THERE.

THANKS
JEFF
stumpy6006 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 04-16-2008, 10:31 PM   #7
jeme
Not Yet Wild

Thanks very much!
Old 04-17-2008, 10:41 AM   #8
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

Ride on a 2004 or newer Ezgo and a 2004 Club Car and I want say there is any differance. A older Ezgo yes a big differance.
Old 04-17-2008, 06:59 PM   #9
jeme
Not Yet Wild

actually I did that today and I could tell very little difference between a 2007 EXGO PDS and a 2008 Club Car Presedence - I can tell you that the CC was harder to steer and was faster - both carts were tested back to back.

That said - here is what I am down to:

Club Car - advantage in power and refinement, better warranty

EZ-Go - Price, I like their charging system better - like the factory back seat much better (cheaper too), I like that a stereo can be in stalled in the dash vs. the club car - no one has shown me how that is done yet if it can be done on a club car.

I can get a new PDS for the price of a gold standard Presecedent.

So at this point I am leaning towards the precedent.
Old 04-19-2008, 05:36 AM   #10
Andy4639
48/400/Alltrax HS motor

E-Z-GO

You can install a stereo in a C/C you have to buy a reducer to do it right. They are around $60.00 on E-Bay.
What did they say about the 12 volt batteries in the presedence? The older models had problems with the batteries.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO