lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 10-10-2011, 10:08 AM   #1
Keen88
Not Yet Wild

Default Wiring upgrade question??

I recently bought a 2007 Ez-Go TXT model, I have got all the accessories on it and have it at the deer camp now. ( it's gonna be my quiet, sneak up on em ride) as far as the motor and all it's stock. Has 2010 Trojan batteries that I get plenty of life out of. I'm curious as if I upgrade to heavier wire if it will help, if so what would you guys recommend? Thanks in advance

Also it does have a 6 inch lift that I am now running 22inch tires. Thanks again,
Keen88 is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 10-10-2011, 10:21 AM   #2
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Wiring upgrade question??

Larger cables help deliver more amperage faster to the motor. While this will help, you may not feel the difference until you upgrade the controller also.
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-10-2011, 10:30 AM   #3
Keen88
Not Yet Wild

Thanks Scotty, if I was to go up on a controller which controller would be best? Also would you recommend the 4ga weld wire when I decide to order it?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:33 AM   #4
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

IS your cart series drive, with lever by the knee or PDS drive with toggle switch on the dash for direction change?
Old 10-10-2011, 10:36 AM   #5
Keen88
Not Yet Wild

Lever on the seat, I have thought about upgrading that as well.
Old 10-10-2011, 10:46 AM   #6
Keen88
Not Yet Wild

I am gonna upgrade everything this time next year. So if you know of any good builds for a hunting buggy send them my way. Its 36 volt now and I'm not opposed to going 48. Just new to this a need to be pointed in a direction. Thanks again
Old 10-10-2011, 11:25 AM   #7
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

48v is a great upgrade for a series cart particularly. You will gain 30% more speed and torque and if you make the voltage increase by adding 2 batteries in the rear storage area you will increase run time as well.
Old 10-11-2011, 01:04 PM   #8
madoc1
no clue

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by Keen88 View Post
I am gonna upgrade everything this time next year. So if you know of any good builds for a hunting buggy send them my way. Its 36 volt now and I'm not opposed to going 48. Just new to this a need to be pointed in a direction. Thanks again
welcome to BGW keen. keep reading and use the search function, and by the time you are ready to up grade, you will have a good handle on what you want. one place to start is to look at carts unlimited site and read up on their kits that are available for upgrades.. this way you may be assured you don't make any costly mistakes.
madoc1 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 10-11-2011, 10:34 PM   #9
Keen88
Not Yet Wild

Appreciate all the info, gonna get a order in soon on some wires and controller. Ill try to get a thread up and some pis of my progress. Look forward to learning more
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO