lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha
Gas Yamaha Gas Yamaha Golf Cars; G1 through "The Drive" and U-Max Utility Vehicles

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 01-15-2013, 07:42 AM   #1
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Yamaha G1 owners club-post here

After doing several searches with no luck and seeing all the new G1 owners coming on board I figured it was time to start up a club for G1 owners. So I guess I'll start it off. I've got a 84 that I am putting a clone motor in, lifting and doing a butt load of other stuff to. Have learned a lot from this site so far and love getting new ideas from others. I'm already making plans for another G1 build and don't even have this one done yet.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 01-15-2013, 07:54 AM   #2
Todd Dolfi
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Default Re: Yamaha G1 owners club-post here

Great idea gray horse..I have two G1's an 81 and an 84 love them both they are like mini tanks..The 81 has a 10.5" lift and stretched 40" with 23" tires [love to trade some one for some 25's or 26's]..The 84 has 4.5" lift with 22's and if I did anything else to it my wife would kill me [she loves her cart]..
Todd Dolfi is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 01:36 PM   #3
danman
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Awesome idea

I have an 83 G1, with a 420 clone in it, 6" lift, and a laundry list of stuff to get done to it

For a thirty year old cart, this thing has held up great. No wonder people call them "tanks"
danman is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 02:58 PM   #4
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

I have an '84 thats currently in pieces all over the garage floor. I've gotten so much help here including Todd, Grayhorse, Slonomo, Pachanga and many others. I need to have this done early April and I'm being a little fussy with it. Thanks to all of you for your help and this is a great idea Grayhorse. G1's Rule
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 03:28 PM   #5
mwar410
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I bought a non running 86' yamahualer, (as someone else called it). It had a new piston,rings and seal kit already done. I've been going through it and replacing things as I get to them. Since the grounding system seems to be a problem, I started there. Made all new grounding harness and connectors. Now I've moved on to the fuel system, I'm hopeful to have it running good by the spring so I can focus on the lift and tires.
mwar410 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 08:48 PM   #6
Field6565
Gone Wild

Great idea Gray Horse! This thread should have been started a long time ago. I am the owner of two G1s. One is an 83 and the other is an 84. Both have been great campground carts for me. After I bought my first one I knew I had to have another.
Field6565 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-15-2013, 09:31 PM   #7
ewbldavis
Gone Wild
Yamaha

I have a '79(?)...in pieces. Just fired it back up last week. Working on seats/body.
ewbldavis is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 12:14 AM   #8
mrtbone49
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Great idea. Keepin the G1 Alive...
mrtbone49 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 06:33 AM   #9
gray horse
Gone Wild

Yamaha

Great to see people coming on board. The G1 is a tank. Good, heavy, solid frame makes for all kinds of possibilities. After I get this one done I'm going to look for another. Want to stretch it, long travel the front and 4 link the back with a big block. May go extreme and put a HD motor/trans setup in it since I have an extra laying around.
gray horse is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 01-16-2013, 08:18 AM   #10
abieex
Gone Loco

Yamaha

Gray, 4 link sounds awesome and HD motor/trans puts it way over the top!!!! Not good for me to have those kinds of visions.
abieex is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas Yamaha