lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO
Gas EZGO Gas EZGO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 05-26-2007, 05:39 AM   #1
roady89

Default 91 ezgo engine performance?

Ok...you guys probly know I have my first gasser. I finally got it home with the help of Muaythai41. Is there anything I can do to get a little more performance out of it?
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 05-26-2007, 06:09 AM   #2
ruredy
Born Wild

bore it out, oversized piston and rings is about all I can think of for a 2 stroke. I haven't messed with 2 strokes for awhile so maybe some of the others have more useful tips
ruredy is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 06:06 PM   #3
roady89

Its sloooooow......or all gassers like that? Should the belt ride all the way down into the sheave? It cant be the brakes because they dont work at all.
Old 05-26-2007, 08:44 PM   #4
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

Adjust the governor the same way all EZGOs work.
NO NO NO E-Z-GO! is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-26-2007, 08:59 PM   #5
roady89

I adjusted the; what I'm assuming is either a main air or idle air adjustment screw on the side of the carb. It starts alot sooner now and runs alot better. Tommorow I may change plugs and start using a full synthetic pre-mix just to see if there are any gains to be had.
Old 05-26-2007, 10:30 PM   #6
mb523
Peanut

E-Z-GO

Make sure the belt is not worn too badly... and yes, it should ride all the way down into the driven clutch (on rearend). When it does that, it is in "high gear". I would get a new plug and new air filter as well. Governed speeds are SLOW too...

As for performance, I would say gov. adjustment would be your biggest improvement, HOWEVER, prolonged high revving will rattle that little robin apart in no time!!

Are you using oil injection or pre-mixing? I would suggest pre-mixing for peace of mind, and so you can add a little extra oil to help lubricate when it gets driven over 20 min non-stop. I mix at 1.5oz oil to 1gal gas and use TCW-III 2-stroke oil.

I think I covered everything... LOL

Oh, and also check the compression... it should be arouns 120-130PSI
mb523 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 03:57 PM   #7
roady89

Would gutting the muffler let it breathe a little more?
Old 05-30-2007, 04:02 PM   #8
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

The muffler that is on it is probably really gummed up and clogged. Replace it anyway.
Old 05-30-2007, 04:40 PM   #9
Dero
Gone Wild

run it nonstop for 20 or 30 mins. It will get hot and burn out anything thats clogging it. Ive head of people slicing it open to open it up some and welding it shut again.
Dero is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 05-30-2007, 04:43 PM   #10
NO NO NO E-Z-GO!
Gone Wild

You know that roady can't weld.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Gas EZGO