lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-11-2013, 08:49 PM   #1
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Loading the RXV into the truck

I plan on taking the golf cart when we haul the 25' travel trailer. Tested the 9.5' Long Ramps today. They work great, and the truck didn't squat much. It's a 2010 F150 with the max tow package (1800+ payload capacity, 11,100 lb towing capacity). The travel trailer weighs about 5000 lbs fully loaded.

The only issue is the trailer tongue jack. I'm thinking of turning the battery box sideways, and moving the jack next to the battery. That should be far enough back to clear everything.

With the cables flipped over the tailgate latch pins, this is the angle of the tailgate:

With the trailer attached, here's when the tailgate contacts the jack motor:

Step closer to having my cake, and eating it too!
2manytoyz is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-11-2013, 09:20 PM   #2
muscle_cars_only
Not Yet Wild

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Loading the RXV into the truck

Why not leave the tailgate off? Problem solved!!
muscle_cars_only is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-11-2013, 09:29 PM   #3
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Plan on hauling mine like that to the beach in a few weeks but my camper is 29' and my truck is an 05 with max tow my wd hitch has a longer shank so it sticks out far enough to leave the tailgate down and drive
patgrim00 is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 06:10 PM   #4
Mrhavasu
Not Yet Wild
Club Car

I agree with removing the tail gate.
Mrhavasu is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-12-2013, 08:21 PM   #5
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

I could remove the tailgate, but that only solves the issue when I'm hauling the golf cart with the trailer. All the other times we go, the RollBak G2 cover is installed, and when combined with the tailgate, provides some security to items stored in the bed of the truck... such as my Yamaha generator.

Without the tailgate, the metal roll up cover wouldn't provide any security. And with the tailgate, still have an interference issue.

So before the rain rolled in this evening, I started the project. I used a chassis punch to cut a 2.25" hole in the plate that held the battery in place. The battery will be turned sideways to make room. The battery plate is the same thickness as the plate where the jack was mounted. But it was only welded in the corners. I started adding a weld to both sides when the skies opened up. Water started messing up my novice quality weld, so had to stop for the night. Should finish up the project tomorrow.

Original location (after a fresh repaint):

New location:

Clean up the weld tomorrow...

Old 07-12-2013, 08:29 PM   #6
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Even though you moved it back you still need to make sure that you have no interference when you turn as the distance will be less between the jack and the tailgate
Old 07-12-2013, 08:35 PM   #7
crash test dummy

very inventive

quick thought ... why not run jack off 12v truck power ?
Old 07-12-2013, 09:10 PM   #8
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by patgrim00 View Post
Even though you moved it back you still need to make sure that you have no interference when you turn as the distance will be less between the jack and the tailgate
For sure! I have to make a sharp turn at the end of the driveway to exit the neighborhood. I'll have my trusty spotter watching for clearance.
Old 07-12-2013, 09:14 PM   #9
patgrim00
Gone Wild

Ok just making sure my uncle ( very narrow minded ) bought a brand new z71 and was pulling both his 4 wheelers one in the bed and one on the trailer and didn't think to make sure it had enough clearance he made a sharp turn and folded that government motors tailgate in half like an old schlitz malt liquor can
Old 07-12-2013, 09:15 PM   #10
2manytoyz
Getting Wild

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by crash test dummy View Post
very inventive

quick thought ... why not run jack off 12v truck power ?
The 12V jack runs from the onboard battery when not hitched up yet. The battery also operates all the onboard lighting, vent fan, propane detector, fridge electronics, stereo system, yada yada.

I think the battery will be fine sitting sideways. Only 1 corner will be hanging off the tray.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO