lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO
Electric EZGO Electric EZ GO Marathon, Medalist, TXT and RXV.

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 07-28-2015, 05:04 PM   #1
mdykes
Not Yet Wild

Default Ezgo PDS Motor

I have tested FI & F2 and A1 & A2 and there were no problems. I did find F1 and F2 were showing some small amount of short to the housing. The cart was running and then stop. I have check all wires and tested everything and everything is testing ok. Is this motor bad?
mdykes is offline   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 07-29-2015, 12:37 PM   #2
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Default Re: Ezgo PDS Motor

Carbon dust from brush wear will create some continuity between the windings and the case.

The carbon dust buildup will reduce the efficiency of the motor (due to some of the amps bypassing the windings), but won't cause the motor to stop running.

The motor may need a new set of brushes and a good cleaning, but probably isn't bad.

-------------
Does the solenoid click when you push the pedal?

If so, there is a problem in the high-current circuit.
If it doesn't click, there is a problem in the solenoid activation circuit.

A very common problem is a bad reed switch, so check to see if you have pack voltage on the smaller of the three wires coming out the backside of the charger receptacle.
JohnnieB is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-29-2015, 07:52 PM   #3
mdykes
Not Yet Wild

Thanks The solenoid does click and I do have battery voltage on small wire from charger port. I have check the accelerator switch and speed coil and they tested ok. I have put the cart in the diagnosis mode and it gave me 4 beeps. I check the voltage on controller and do not find a problem. Would the speed senser give this problem?
Old 07-29-2015, 08:07 PM   #4
mdykes
Not Yet Wild

Could this controller go into a low voltage shut down and it so how do you bring it back?
Old 07-30-2015, 07:12 AM   #5
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Quote:
Originally Posted by mdykes View Post
Thanks The solenoid does click and I do have battery voltage on small wire from charger port. I have check the accelerator switch and speed coil and they tested ok. I have put the cart in the diagnosis mode and it gave me 4 beeps. I check the voltage on controller and do not find a problem. Would the speed senser give this problem?
If the solenoid clicks when pedal is pushed, the problem is in the high current circuit, but the controller is a part of that circuit, so the problem could be one of the inputs to it, such as the speed sensor or ITS.

Four beeps when it goes into diagnostics means it is in the "Freedom" mode.
When any additional beeps heard when you drove the cart in diagnostic mode?

Quote:
Could this controller go into a low voltage shut down and it so how do you bring it back?
Yes, it could be. What is the battery pack voltage when cart is misbehaving?

Flipping the Run/Tow switch to Tow, waiting a moment and putting back into Run will reset the controller.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:05 AM   #6
mdykes
Not Yet Wild

I have 38 volts and I have check the ITS and it has 38 volts to switch and o to 128 on black and the white wire when pedal is press. The cart will not move so I do not here any beeps. I have had the run / tow off and check and have switch it many times. Pull cables from motor today and jump it and it ran so I must have a bad controller.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:57 AM   #7
JohnnieB
Techno-Nerd

E-Z-GO

Replace the controller with an Alltrax XCT48400PDS. It will up the speed to about 24 MPH on stock height (18") tires at 36V.
Old 07-30-2015, 09:58 AM   #8
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Quote:
I have 38 volts and I have check the ITS and it has 38 volts to switch and o to 128 on black and the white wire when pedal is press. The cart will not move so I do not here any beeps. I have had the run / tow off and check and have switch it many times. Pull cables from motor today and jump it and it ran so I must have a bad controller.
Yes, assuming the solenoid clicks each time you press the gas, a bad control or a bad throttle signal.
Attached Images
File Type: jpg Ezgo ITS testing.jpg (292.3 KB, 0 views)
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 07-30-2015, 10:23 AM   #9
mdykes
Not Yet Wild

Thanks guys I guess I will spend some money
Old 07-30-2015, 10:58 AM   #10
scottyb
Happy Carting

E-Z-GO

Take a look at the new XCT control for PDS before you make a decision. Here > http://www.buggiesgonewild.com/elect...xct400pds.html
scottyb is offline   Reply With Quote
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric EZGO