lifted club cars - lifted ezgo
Home FAQDonate Who's Online
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car
Electric Club Car Electric DS, and Precedent golf cars

Post New Thread  Reply

Old 11-11-2015, 04:36 PM   #11
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Default Re: Battery question (Bulldog Batteries)

Do you know who you spoke with ? Was it Rick ?
kgsc is online now   Reply With Quote
Alt Today
BGW

Golf car forum Sponsored Links

Old 11-11-2015, 04:40 PM   #12
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

The first guy I spoke to was not Rick and also didn't understand what I was trying to ask. I think the second guy I spoke too was Rick. Sounds right.
w4rwf is offline   Reply With Quote
Old 11-11-2015, 04:49 PM   #13
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

The folks answering the phone sell batteries. The technical stuff goes to Rick, his dad or to another person who I thinks name is Robbie. When I needed batteries I would drive up there to get them. About an hour an a half away. He then told me he had a truck running through my town every two weeks and when I needed some just call, pay for them and they would catch me on the next trip. Works for me..
Old 11-11-2015, 06:48 PM   #14
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

Good deal. Sounds like some helpful folks. Hope the batteries are as good. Sounds as though you have had a good experience with them so far. Mine had gotten way out of wack. Pack all of a sudden draining down drastically quicker than they ever had. Pack is only 6 mos old since manufactured and only in service for 5 months. I purchased the DPI charger and got it at the end of last week. So It has charged my battery pack for 5 days now on the float charge. I know the voltage readout on the batteries is meaningless while on the float charge but the batteries now are all reading within .03 volts of each other which is significantly better than it was even after the initial bulk charge. So I am encouraged at that anyway. I won't have a chance too take it out for a spin probably until this weekend. See how it goes and take some voltage readings. I know I need a SG bulb but don't have one yet. Hopefully it will just be back to it's old self. I read where all you have to do is unplug the powerdrive charger, wait a few seconds and then plug it back in to do an equalizing charge. I tried that, it would start to charge the pack at a 61.5 volt rate and then stop in about a minute or so. It would not do the equalizing charge. Hence the purchase of the DPI and I got too liking the idea of the float charge anyway.
Old 11-11-2015, 08:09 PM   #15
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Are you close to them? You may have a bad one and I would bet they would make it right.
Old 11-11-2015, 10:21 PM   #16
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

I'm about 20 miles east of Columbia, so not quite as far as you. I will take it to the shop I bought it from and let him test it out if things are not back up too snuff. He has been good so far about warranty stuff. His biggest selling point on Bulldog batteries over Trojan was that Bulldog let's him test the battery onsite and make an instant warranty replacement vs having to send a Trojan battery back to the factory too let them make a warranty decision.
Old 11-12-2015, 10:06 AM   #17
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

Excellent. Let me know the outcome.
Old 11-12-2015, 06:29 PM   #18
w4rwf
Getting Wild

Club Car

I just got done driving 16.1 miles doing roughly 16-18 mph up incline, down incline. No hills, just light inclines. Curtiss volt meter ended up somewhere between 60-70 percent. 60 percent light lit up, but that's because it just dropped off of the 70 percent bar. So, I think I have my battery pack back. That was me and my boy riding. I am thinking that I am gonna be happy with the DPI Accusense charger. Seems as though it has brought my battery pack back to it's full potential.
Old 11-12-2015, 08:34 PM   #19
kgsc
Gone Wild

Mixed Breed

I have noticed the Bulldogs do like a DPI.
Go Back   Buggies Gone Wild Golf Cart Forum > Golf Cart Repair and Troubleshooting > Electric Club Car